Choice of three Henrys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice of three Henrys

If you had a choice between three rimfire Henry rifles, would you choose the .22 LR, or .22 Magnum or .17?
    I'm just curious what others think about those calibers. I'm thinking about buying one, but don't know all the pros and cons of the three.
    Please watch this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

All 3 calibers are great. If I were to have to choose 1 it would be 22lr simply for cost and (usual) availability of fodder for it. You really couldn't go too wrong with any of them.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
      All 3 calibers are great. If I were to have to choose 1 it would be 22lr simply for cost and (usual) availability of fodder for it. You really couldn't go too wrong with any of them.

yup....what he said ^^^
      Long story short, jab is a male.
      Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Can you shoot the 22LR in the 22 Magnum? I know you lose a lot of velocity in a revolver when you do that but that's because it goes out the cylinder to barrel leak and you don't have that in a rifle. If not wouldn't the 22 Magnum be the best choice?
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I have Winchesters 9422 - 22LR, 9422M - 22 mag, and 9410 - 410 shotgun. This sounds simple but I have to say that it depends on what your goal is for the rifle ... what do you want to shoot? The 22LR was first and was for the range. The 22 mag was second and seldom gets shot. The 9410 was just to fill the stable but then got the most work on little red squirrels until I got a single shot 410. The 22LR doesn't get much use as I'm not a range/rifle shooter. At home the 22LR Suppressed Savage gets more work. I bought a 17 HMR Savage bolt gun ... just because my partner and my brother in law have them .... but I never shoot it. My longest shot at home is probably under 50 yards..... and the 17 will hit a twig and you never know where it will go after that!

I recently bought a Henry 22LR:

https://bersachat.com/forums/forum/l...hreaded-barrel

I love it! I can see shooting it some at home for critters but not much range work.

So, here is my "advice" - Get the 22LR unless you have a "known" purpose or mission for a 22 mag or 17 HMR - longer range target, larger critter hunting, longer range critter hunting ....

Comment

I like my 22lr. Hex Barrel

Henry.jpg

henry 2.jpg

Comment

Personally, I would want the .22 Mag first, the .22 LR next, and the .17 last.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Folks. I appreciate the suggestions. I'll think on it for a while more, but I think I might go with the Magnum. It is not to look at, but to use, only right now, it seems like it may be too hard to find ammunition for it that I can afford.
                Please watch this video:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Comment

Working...
                X