X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 590a1

Picked up my new Mossberg 590a1 today!

Model 51663, 20" 9 Shot with Ghost Rings

Added the Hogue Short L.O.P., Tri-rail forend, and Magpul AFG2.
    Last edited by LAZY EYED SNIPER; 06-14-2011, 08:20 PM.
    Thunder .380 CC Nickel

"You give peace a chance. I'll cover your six in case it doesn't work."

Re: New 590a1

Nice shottie Lazy! You are doing a fine job helping the economy with all of your recent purchases!

Comment

Wow! I sure like that piece. Good choice. Now you can buy all the goodies for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post
        Nice shottie Lazy! You are doing a fine job helping the economy with all of your recent purchases!
        Haha, thanks Pondy! I do what I can...
        Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

Originally posted by Tsalam View Post
          Wow! I sure like that piece. Good choice. Now you can buy all the goodies for it.
          Thank you Sir,

It's already wearin all the goodies it's gonna get, but I do plan on keepin it well fed!
          Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

LES...Knowing you, LOL, there will be add ons coming soon for this gun.
            In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Haha, not this time RC! This one's stayin bare bones.

I'll trick out my ARs, but when it comes to my boomsticks I like to keep it simple...
              Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

Got out with it this morning. Started raining on my way to the range, but I said SCREW IT and just got wet. Put 100 rounds of the Centurion slugs down-range and was blown away by the Ghost Ring sights. This gun is amazing!

Here's one of my targets from 50yds...

Not bad for a 20" smooth bore!
                Last edited by LAZY EYED SNIPER; 06-18-2011, 08:44 PM.
                Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

Very nice shootin Lazy! A nice group at 50 yds!

Comment

Thanks Pondy!

The gun did all the work, I just pulled the trigger. I plan on tightening up my 50yd groups a lot more on my next trip and then pushing it out to 100yds. Should be fun...
                    Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

You are making me want to put ghost rings on my 870 Lazy!

I seldom shoot my shottie ..... it just sits in the closet waiting for the zombies to attack. I really need to take it out to the range again soon but I have too many other guns to shoot and practice with. Too many priorities, not enough time. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post
                        You are making me want to put ghost rings on my 870 Lazy!

I seldom shoot my shottie ..... it just sits in the closet waiting for the zombies to attack. I really need to take it out to the range again soon but I have too many other guns to shoot and practice with. Too many priorities, not enough time. Sigh.
                        I hear ya Pondy.

The Ghost Rings make all the difference for range shooting with slugs. My other scatter gun just has a front bead and sits waiting in the safe for the next opportunity to splatter melons at my buddy's farm...
                        Last edited by LAZY EYED SNIPER; 06-19-2011, 02:33 PM.
                        Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

Hey LES! I have a 500 Cruiser 8 shot w/pistol grip. I'm kinda like Pondy, waiting for zombies.. But I bought a factory shoulder stock for it, so they interchange. Do they make those ghost rings for the 500? I also like that forend! Where can I find them for the 500?
                          "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me,
                          give me liberty or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post
                            Hey LES! I have a 500 Cruiser 8 shot w/pistol grip. I'm kinda like Pondy, waiting for zombies.. But I bought a factory shoulder stock for it, so they interchange. Do they make those ghost rings for the 500? I also like that forend! Where can I find them for the 500?
                            Hello Ransom,

Parts for the 590 and 500 will be interchangeable. They could be called 500 series parts and upgrades. The only exception is that most 500/590 heat shields won't fit the 590a1 due to its thicker walled barrel.

I picked up both my forends from m1surplus.com. Great customer service and fast shipping. Here's a link...

http://www.m1surplus.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=129

As for ghost rings, it's the same story. They will fit both 500 and 590 (and a1 models), however the front sight base will have to be silver soldered to the barrel so gunsmith installation will be required.
                            Last edited by LAZY EYED SNIPER; 06-23-2011, 09:49 AM.
                            Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

I'm thinking about picking up a Slugster at some point, will have to remember to get a ghostring put on it. :)
                              Bowers v. DeVito "there is no constitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered."
                              www.theliberalgunclub.com

Comment

Working...
                              X