Rock Island Shotguns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rock Island Shotguns?

I received email from Gallery Of Guns, spot lighting Armscor's Rock Island 12 Ga. 20" Pump Shotgun. They have a good rep with their 1911s. Anyone know anything about their shotguns?

While I'm not really 100% sold on the shotgun for home defense, I have considered getting one anyway, but just not enough to spring for the $$$. This looks to be about 1/2 the price of Mossberg. I haven't really compared all their respective features other than length, weight, ammo capacity & finish. The only difference was parkerized finish on the Rock & blued on the Mossberg.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Re: Rock Island Shotguns?

Get outta my head, Mitch! I had the same exact thoughts as you when I got that email. I can get them locally through Davidson's for $206 OTD. I found this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVZ45ra1Pr0 Its pretty crappy but at least you can get a closer look at it. I personally like the location of the Mossberg safety, vs the cross bolt on the 870, but it's not a deal-breaker. He does say that parts are interchangeable with the 500. I would have to do a little more investigating before I believe that. If its true, I may have to go get one.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

Comment

The price is not quite that good through my local dealers, but still attractive. I'm not into shooting shotguns for fun & no longer hunt, so it'd strictly be a case of checking it for reliability, learning the controls, then sitting in a closet for a SHTF situation.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
        The price is not quite that good through my local dealers, but still attractive. I'm not into shooting shotguns for fun & no longer hunt, so it'd strictly be a case of checking it for reliability, learning the controls, then sitting in a closet for a SHTF situation.
        If you decide to join www.nevadashooters.com (cheap plug), of which I am a moderator, you can PM member Daveinvegas. He worked for Armscor for almost a year, until about 3 months ago, in the repair/warrantee department. He can tell you the good and the bad of all their guns.
        God made the Garand!

USN Gunner's Mate 1976-80

Moderator - nevadashooters.com

Comment

Working...
        X