Wad a Difference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wad a Difference

I tested four different brands of 12 ga. 00 Buck for pattern from my Benelli Super Nova w/ 18.5" cylinder bore barrel and here are the results:

Click image for larger version

Name:	WinSuperX.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	603014

First I shot the Winchester SuperX 9 pellet at 7 yards to be sure it would fit on the 8.5" x 11" paper. Last time out I had shot these and knew the pattern was too large from this shotgun. I backed up to 10 yards for the other three brands of buckshot.

Name:	WinMil.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	603015

The pattern from the Winchester military 00 buckshot is about identical to the SuperX, widening a bit more over the extra 3 yards. They might pattern better in a different shotgun.

Name:	FedMag.jpg
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	603016

The Federal 2 3/4" Mag rounds are impressive, 12 pellets in that tight pattern would still all be on target at 25 yards or longer. These I have had on hand for several years and think the current version is called Vital-Shok.

Name:	FedTac.jpg
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	603017

This Federal 2 3/4" HV Tactical 9 pellet were the best. I got the LE127 00 and their PFC154 00 looks to be the same shell for the civilian market. You can see the FLITECONTROL wad really works.

Next I want to get some Hornady 00 buck to see how it patterns in my shotgun. Hornady makes TAP, Critical Defense, and Superformance 2 3/4", but I don't know what the differences are.

Re: Wad a Difference

So much for alley sweeper and no need to aim with a shot gun . Keep shooting from hip with pistol grip.
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

That is probably the cleverest thread title I've seen on this site.

Congrats, Fastlane.
      "Happiness is a warm gun". Lennon/McCartney

Comment

And I thought it was just the normal Bersa Chat mis-spelling.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
        X