Remington Versa Max

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington Versa Max

Well it was the wifes and I anniversary again which means.... surprise gun from the wife!

She grabbed me a Citori which I promptly swapped for a new Versa Max with out ever touchin the Citori... smart right?

I though it was a questionable move but its what I wanted to do. I wanted a 12 gauge skeet/trap/turkey/duck/goose/pheasant/chucker/quail gun/coyote. The Citori would have covered Skeet and that's it. So I picked up a new Versa Max in black. 28" barrel.

I'll start with what it comes with. Well it comes in a plastic case. Not a bad case, I'd prefer wood and felt lined. Everything fits in it fine and it locks ok. I'd say there is nothing impressive about this case. It comes with 5, yes 5 chokes. Imp Cyl, light Mod, Mod, Imp Mod, and Full. I had to look up the light Mod and IMP Mod chokes. I am a bit surprised with 5 chokes it didn't come with a super full. I will be buying a Super Full soon enough. It comes with a store style trigger lock, plug, and the tools to disassemble. Only thing I didn't get was a sticker .

First reactions from the Gun. It does not have the refinements of a $1599 gun.(I payed $1069 after the local Dicks price matched Buds). Its rubber and plastic. You can see the mold lines of the rubber. It doesn't look cheep but its not Walnut. It feels good to hold. It is surprising light for a 28" 12 gauge. This is officially my longest shotgun, which is saying something because I have pretty much every common shotty know to man. The tube is stainless which is different. It goes together just like any other Remington Semi Auto. It has a two bead site with the front being a very bright tru glow style. And it comes with Red, Green, and white front sites, you can simply change them out.

Shooting. This is by far the sweetest shooting shotgun I own. The recoil is oddly light with 3" and 3.5". And for those of you who dont know.... it will feed every sized 12 gauge, 2 3/4, 3, & 3.5. you can even mix and match the sizes. I have send around 300 rounds through it so far. Heavy Turkey #4, Heavy Steel BB, Federal 2 3/4 #8s, Winchester 2 3/4 #7.5's and yes even two different kinds of very light home loads. I shoot skeet and trap every weekend with this gun. 75 or 100 rounds, or at least the lat 4 weekend and will continue to do so. I can't make it miss a beat. It will feed very light re-loads, as in 7/8ths load 12 gauge round as fast as I can shoot them. I have mixed in 3" rounds and skeet loads and it will not fail. This thing is an all around shooter. The site is bright and east to pick up.

My Cousin ans NYS state champion Skeet shooter has shot with me every weekend. He has tried to make it fail and failed at it. He has also been wishing that they make this gun with a nice wood stock as he would already have bought one by now to shoot with. And that is saying something..... (he is nearing 1,000,000 rnds with his current gun, that's right...a Million)

Over all. This is the most satisfied I have ever been with any gun purchase. It is a multi-purpose utility gun for the field that is drawing the gun club members around in small packs just to get a look at it. If you only want one shotgun, this it.... the rest of mine will be dusty for years.

that is all

Re: Remington Versa Max

well, tell us how you REALLY feel about the gun Poke... glad to hear that you are happy with the new baby you got.. the wife was ok with you trading ?? but she still sounds like a good woman, after all, she got you a new gun !! and happy belated anniversary to you both...
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Originally posted by clag39 View Post
      well, tell us how you REALLY feel about the gun Poke... glad to hear that you are happy with the new baby you got.. the wife was ok with you trading ?? but she still sounds like a good woman, after all, she got you a new gun !! and happy belated anniversary to you both...
      Thanks! She didn't care. We actually cancelled the citori order, I drove to the gun shop just to "look" and bought it. I had my kids with me and I asked them what they thought. My oldest told me to bring in home and the youngest agreed. Now seriously how could I say no to my kids....

that is all

Comment

Originally posted by Pokeman View Post
        Thanks! She didn't care. We actually cancelled the citori order, I drove to the gun shop just to "look" and bought it. I had my kids with me and I asked them what they thought. My oldest told me to bring in home and the youngest agreed. Now seriously how could I say no to my kids....
        she's a keeper then... as well as the kids, just don't ask MASON to babysit !!
        A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Originally posted by clag39 View Post
          she's a keeper then...
          Oh I will defiantly keep this gun

that is all

Comment

I like those Versa Max shotguns.But the real test is in how well she patterns with those turkey loads.
            It'd take a heck of a gun to beat my Rem. 870.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote View Post
              I like those Versa Max shotguns.But the real test is in how well she patterns with those turkey loads.
              It'd take a heck of a gun to beat my Rem. 870.
              I can pattern it and post up.

that is all

Comment

Originally posted by Pokeman View Post
                I can pattern it and post up.
                Do that when you get a chance.I'd like to know how it does.
                Might have get my 13 year old for his birthday so he'll leave my 870 alone.

Comment

Working...
                X