Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody slick up a shotgun for Cowboy Action?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody slick up a shotgun for Cowboy Action?

What I'm talking about, is working on the action of a SxS, like the Stoeger coach gun I got to use in Cowboy Action shooting. I've read a couple threads on the SASS site, about this, and wondered if anyone had done any of this. I think they make the action open a little further, when breaking it open, and polish the cylinders, to help the hulls go in and out easier during reloading during a shooting stage. Just curious.

SDT380

Re: Anybody slick up a shotgun for Cowboy Action?

Trigger job would help also They as I remember don't have best triggers This is all work for a good gunsmith not home on kitchen table smith
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

sounds like it's time to get out the dremell for an expensive smithin lesson.
      save your brass, i'll take it!!

brass and ammo donations accepted.

Comment

SDT380,
        Take a look at shotgunworld.com , I have found some great information there. I use JB bore cleaner from Brownells to polish the chambers and forcing cones in shotguns. Use a cleaning rod in a drill with some patches and the JB.
        Last edited by bgc; 05-27-2010, 06:31 AM.
        BT380 Duo CCW
        NRA Member

Comment

brownells sells a chamber hone....or you can use a little metal polish on a cotton bore brush with a drill... and you can definately slick up the action on those guns... however i would avoid the dremel tool and instead work with emory or crocus cloth removing any burrs or overly tight spots using a good lube and checking the action as i went
          can be a costly learning experience if you go too far.... some also shorten the spring.... but wouldnt remove more than 1/4 turn at a time
          Barack Obama is the first politician I have ever known that has met or exceeded every one of my expectations. As bad as I thought he would be, I truly had no idea.

Comment

Working...
          X