COACH GUN QUESTION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COACH GUN QUESTION

Well I finally decided to get a coach gun - home defense and maybe some cowboy action shooting.

I was looking at a Stoeger. But I did not get one.

I remember (maybe it was a senior moment) around Thanksgiving Big-5 had one in 12 gauge for $279/$239 sale. I wanted a 20 gauge.

I went into one of our LGS and they had a dozen of them in 20 gauge. The price $399.99.

Were they always this expensive? Or have they just recently skyrocketed in cost?

Re: COACH GUN QUESTION

I used to see them around 350 OTD. Love the Stoeger look and feel. I just decided on a Winchester 1300 12ga. pump instead.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

supply and demand is REAL HI AT THE MOMENT! maybe wait and see if the price goes down?
      Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

Mother bought one for $350 OTD at GM. Price doesn't seem too outrageous in this market. The add u saw must have been a solid deal. Cheapest I have seen is $275 a while ago at a show. Didn't look to see if new or used?
        "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Comment

If it were me in the market I would hit the pawn shops, and find a cheap old hammerless side by side for around a hundred, take it home, put the ruler on it, and whack it off at 18.5 inches, grab some fiberglass steel wool, and smooth the stocks out and a little stain and wax, and presto you got a nice one on the cheap. I had an old Stevens double about 30 years ago worth about 60 bucks back then, that is what I did to it, and took it to the next gun show and sold it for 160.00 back then, three times what that old cheap double would have brought back then, because it was converted to a good looking coach gun. Easy to do, only took about and hour.

Comment

My Colt coach gun from 1880 or so has 20 inch barrels same as my Rossi . That 1 1/2" is a little more FPS and a little extra if barrels get damaged. Just tell them you following the VP instructions to get a double shot gun so wife can fire in air off porch and scare away the bad guys. That man a true liberal idiot of the max level.
            Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Interstate/norinco/cia/ ica/whatever other brands they sell the china made ones have been ranging from $275-$350 and were about $50 cheaper prior to November 2012. Strogers have been $350-400 for quite some time now.
              Carpe jugulum!

Comment

Stoeger website has them listed with an MSRP of 449 -499 depending on which model you choose. I seem to remember paying around 350 for mine, but that was 12 years ago! I love mine and plan to go get a matching one in 12g too.

Comment

According the their website MSRP for the blued ones is $449. The also make one in a .410. Hmmn - I could get one and still give my grandson the Mossberg .410 pump.
                  TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
                    My Colt coach gun from 1880 or so has 20 inch barrels same as my Rossi . That 1 1/2" is a little more FPS and a little extra if barrels get damaged. Just tell them you following the VP instructions to get a double shot gun so wife can fire in air off porch and scare away the bad guys. That man a true liberal idiot of the max level.
                    Yes, according to the top gun expert in the administration, get a double barrel shotgun. Fire BOTH barrels in the air to scare them. Then you have......an empty gun. Then scream for your next door neighbor to come bail your a$$ out with his AR.

Comment

Originally posted by douggreen View Post
                      Yes, according to the top gun expert in the administration, get a double barrel shotgun. Fire BOTH barrels in the air to scare them. Then you have......an empty gun. Then scream for your next door neighbor to come bail your a$$ out with his AR.
                      Those shots are to wake up the Secret Service or stop there party. Its a time to go to work call. The arrest the VP or his wife for dicharging a firearm and any other laws they have broken of Washington DC.

We have 2 escapes from mental ward leading our country.
                      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Working...
                      X