Tis' the time for crow in Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis' the time for crow in Ohio

Got the O/U out of the safe and put down 3 crow this morning. Its been too long since i have had it out. Any Rizzini or Milano owners out there?
    BT380 Duo CCW
    NRA Member

Re: Tis' the time for crow in Ohio

o/u those are the broken SXS shot guns do they really shoot with the barrels messed up that way . A proper double is SXS I took a crow with #6 mod choke and 20" coach gun at 88 paces. He was sitting on a fence post ( yes a fence post people) over he went. DRT
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

did the fence post survive ???
      A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

I thought it was unsportsman like to shoot them while sitting! :o Supposed to shoot them 'on the wing'!
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I got a 40 year old Ithaca O/U... If I shoot it sideways "gansta" style would that be ok?:p

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
            I got a 40 year old Ithaca O/U... If I shoot it sideways "gansta" style would that be ok?:p
            Work for me least the barrels be in right position Not sure about the owner.

Supposed to shoot them 'on the wing'!

I never try to wing I always shoot COM
            Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

"I never try to wing I always shoot COM"

Whats a 'COM'?? Is that what they call a male crow?

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

mitch - COM=="Center Of Mass"

Makes things DRT quite handily
                "...too little penetration will get you killed."

Comment

If we'd been talking human, or any large target, I'd related the 'com' to 'center of mass'. But a CROW with a SHOT GUN?? :o

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Better than a wing shot Then you have to chase the littler suckers all over the place trying to step on them . They can run pretty fast
                    Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
                      Better than a wing shot Then you have to chase the littler suckers all over the place trying to step on them . They can run pretty fast
                      Thats why you have a lower barrel, for the runners. Top barrel for " On the wing" Bottom barrel for "On the run"
                      Last edited by bgc; 06-14-2010, 01:41 PM.
                      BT380 Duo CCW
                      NRA Member

Comment

used to use my old citori o/u when i shot trap competitively.... both barrels work fine... next time will have to turn it sideways see how it works

still can get 2 shots off quicker with my pump though
                        Barack Obama is the first politician I have ever known that has met or exceeded every one of my expectations. As bad as I thought he would be, I truly had no idea.

Comment

I gotta ask. why shoot crow? is there really sport in that? can't eat, doesn't sound exciting, big target, they are everywhere. I am not judging, I really want to know what I am missing.

that is all

Comment

Originally posted by Pokeman View Post
                            I gotta ask. why shoot crow? is there really sport in that? can't eat, doesn't sound exciting, big target, they are everywhere. I am not judging, I really want to know what I am missing.
                            i used to use them for a warm up for duck season....
                            A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokeman View Post
                              see ya just get a few fire crackers....throw em out amongst the crows... then see if ya can get em on the wing with yer bersa
                              great sd training with small moving targets
                              Barack Obama is the first politician I have ever known that has met or exceeded every one of my expectations. As bad as I thought he would be, I truly had no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X