Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mossberg 930 JM Pro (Jerry Miculek Signature Series)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mossberg 930 JM Pro (Jerry Miculek Signature Series)

Picked up a new semi-auto 12 gauge this week...

Mossberg 930 JM Pro 24" 10-shot

Specs:

•Mfg model #85118
    •3" chamber
    •24" vent rib barrel
    •Fiber optic front sight
    •Accu-Set chokes (Imp. Cylinder, Modified, and Full)
    •9-Round magazine tube with Nordic Components extension
    •Beveled loading gate and shorter forend for quicker loading times
    •Extended elevator
    •Oversized charging handle and bolt release
    •Chromed gas piston assembly, hammer, sear, and mag tube
    •Dual gas system offers lighter recoil and easier cycling
    •Over-travel stop
    •Matte blue finish
    •14" length of pull
    •7.75 lb

Just finished a detail strip, degrease, and clean then Frog Lubed it inside and out. Taking it out in the morning and will put it through the paces with a few hundred rounds of target shot from assorted brands. Can't wait to get out there and heat it up a bit...
    Last edited by LAZY EYED SNIPER; 02-16-2014, 12:10 AM.
    Thunder .380 CC Nickel

"You give peace a chance. I'll cover your six in case it doesn't work."

Re: Mossberg 930 JM Pro (Jerry Miculek Signature Series)

I am more of a pump guy, but that is one sweet shotgun indeed. A semi I might seriously consider, let us know how she works.

Comment

Got out early this morning for the first range trip with the new JM Pro. Bit of a heads-up, many 930 models don't function well with any ammo rated at muzzle velocities under 1200 fps. My 18.5" 930 Tactical is great with buckshot, slugs, and any high brass, but won't eat any low brass ammo and chokes on most target shot even above the factory recommended 1200fps. I have been hoping the longer barrel and the enhancements to the JM Pro models would cure this, so I picked up an assortment of #8 target shot and headed out with my fingers crossed. Happy to say that the new JM ate everything I fed it and chewed through 250 rounds without a single failure of any kind. Here's what I ran through it today...

25 rounds - Rio Game Load - mfg# BG288 - 2-3/4" #8 shot - 1280 fps
      25 rounds - Federal Target Load - mfg#- TG12 8 - 2-3/4" #8 shot - 1200 fps
      25 rounds - Remington Premier SST Light Handicap - mfg# STS12LH8 - 2-3/4" #8 shot - 1200 fps
      25 rounds - Winchester Super Handicap Heavy Target Load - mfg# AAHA128 - 2-3/4" #8 shot - 1250 fps
      25 rounds - Winchester Super X Heavy Game Load - mfg# XU12H8 - 2-3/4" #8 shot - 1255 fps
      25 rounds - Estate Dove and Quail Load - mfg# GTL12XHN 8 - 2-3/4" #8 shot - 1255 fps
      100 rounds - Winchester Extra Light Target Load - mfg#AAL128 - 2-3/4" #8 shot - 1180 fps

The 100 rounds of Win Extra Light had been sit'n around loose in an ammo can for several years and I was really expecting issues in the 930 due to the sub-1200 fps muzzle velocity rating. The JM Pro ran through them like me running through a brisket sammich.......and that's really fast.

I have to say the enhancements to this particular model are well worth the slight upcharge over the standard 930 models. The extended feed ramp, beveled loading gate, and shortened forend help a great deal with faster reloads. I was hand loading two shells at a time with no hang-ups whatsoever. The trigger is lighter than on my 930 Tactical and with the over-travel stop it can be tuned to your liking. The fiber-optic sight glows brightly and is very easy to reacquire during a fast string of shots. All said, I couldn't be happier with it...
      Last edited by LAZY EYED SNIPER; 02-16-2014, 09:01 PM.
      Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

The question is can you shoot it as well as Jerry Miculek?
        What is best in life? The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Comment

I wonder how it will perform with #4 shot or bigger.
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

I've run everything from #4 to BB waterfowl loads in my other 930 without issues, but haven't tried any in this new one yet. It's running fine with the lightest loads I would ever need to shoot so don't imagine there would be any issues with heavier, hotter rounds as far as function goes. With the Accu-Set chokes there's enough adjustment to keep patterns nice and tight for my intended use...
            Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

Originally posted by Gyrkin View Post
              The question is can you shoot it as well as Jerry Miculek?
              Not a chance!

I'm fairly quick on target, but that man defies the law of physics...
              Thunder .380 CC Nickel

Comment

Working...
              X