Looking for Shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TheRe: Looking for Shotgun

Good choice! I think the 870's are better older and with someone else doing all the breaking in!

Comment

My wife was surprised when I came home and was so happy with the condition. She pointed out the wear marks by the forend. I told her that was just fine. This was an early birthday present for me and by my quick checking, I think the gun is almost the same age as me. Maybe off by a year

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Re: Looking for Shotgun

if you are looking for something reliable with the cylinder not longer than 18.5 and also good for shooting ducks or home defense, then I will advise you to look into Remington 870. It is a great shotgun. I have one that was given to me by my uncle when he was moving with his family. Then I later got a nice red dot sight for it. My family is aged in hunting as it was from my ancestors. Well, I will advise you to give it a trial. I don't regret having one and I've never heard anyone complained about this particular shotgun. Great deal for duck hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]8096https://i.imgsafe.org/34dcd3c521.jpg

Just got back from picking up an 80's Remington 870 Sportsman. Got it with a 28" and 18" barrel from a nice retired guy along with a box of buck and bird shot
            Damn! Nice looking shotty!

Comment

Great looking shotgun. Good find.
              TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Sometimes you just need to jump on a deal. I was at a gun show during the last 20 minutes before closing this guy on a private table dropped the price on this Mossy 12 from $400 to only $200. It had a custom camouflage paint job by a professional. I got the shotgun, custom sling, and 2 boxes of law enforcement shells.

It's in 99% new condition.
                In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Wow $200. Congrats! That is one cool looking shotgun. Mossberg has been making great shotguns for years and years.
                  TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Originally posted by ParaCav View Post
                    Wow $200. Congrats! That is one cool looking shotgun. Mossberg has been making great shotguns for years and years.
                    That was 12 years ago but still a deal, I have never seen this style of camo.
                    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

I have never seen camo like that before but really like it.
                      Certified Armed Infidel .
                      WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
                      45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                        Sometimes you just need to jump on a deal. I was at a gun show during the last 20 minutes before closing this guy on a private table dropped the price on this Mossy 12 from $400 to only $200. It had a custom camouflage paint job by a professional. I got the shotgun, custom sling, and 2 boxes of law enforcement shells.

It's in 99% new condition.
                        Whoa Nelly! Bada** shotgun there buddy! Really dig that camo!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer1270
                          I like the Kel Tec KSG, it's pretty pricy and got some Smacky Dacky to it but I do like the firepower,,, Double tubes, 14 rounds and over 20 rounds of the short shells.
                          No duck hunting for you.
                          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Mossburg model 500 has been my go to for years. There is a permanent hole in the carpet by the head of my bed that just fits the 500 that has been sitting there for 25 years.
                            Member NRA
                            and the HCH

Comment

John: Since you jumped on the 870 bandwagon, there's one thing you should know. The 870 can and will jam (and jam up tight) if you short-stroke them. As long as you use them like you are supposed to--they don't jam and work fine. So everytime you work an 870 make a firm mental note: "All the way back, All the way forward." As long as you do that, you're fine.

If you get in a hurry (as some might tend to do in a high-stress situation where you must shoot fast) and short-stroke an 870 it will jam so bad, you will need a tool to unjam it. I spent a lot of time laughing at my dove/quail/rabbit hunting partner because he spent so much time digging shells out of his jammed 870 with his pocketknife, which he carried just to unjam his 870. It was his own fault for short-stroking it to try to shoot faster.

The good thing is that you will be using the same shotgun for work, so once you get used to it, you don't have to switch between personal shotgun and work shotgun.

I've been a shotgun guy since I was 13. Had some experience with almost every kind of shotgun: Bolt, pump, single, double, over-under and semi-autos. There are a lot of oft-repeated old wives tales out there about shotguns that were either never true or are not true anymore.

If anyone is still interested in Pump choices, the one Pump shotgun that has NEVER jammed for me is the Ithaca 37 that Gunsane also suggested.

The current myth to debunk is that pumps shoot all types of ammo and sem-autos won't. My Browning Auto-5's will digest any 2&3/4" shell you put in them. My Benelli Black Eagle will shoot any 12 ga. shell of any length without a hitch. Both are faster and more reliable than the 870. And much easier and quicker to clear a hang up than an 870. But there's a big price difference of course. Benelli makes a shotgun specifically for military/law enforcement that is probably the best ever made for that usage. Benelli M4 (Super 90).

For the life of me, I cannot understand why folks still insist upon beating themselves up shooting pumps when they could have the same reliability and a lot less felt recoil and faster, more accurate follow-up shots with a good semi-auto.

Another persistent point of ignorance is the myth that "all recoil pads are about the same". That statement is at least 50-60% wrong; because that's how much difference there is in recoil pad effectiveness. Among the very best (I have a lot of these on my hard-kicking magnum rifles and Turkey shotguns) is the Simms Labratories Limbsaver. The difference in felt-recoil with the Limbsaver is so great, it is the difference between shooting that beast often and enjoying it and (without the Limbsaver) never shooting it again.
                              Last edited by FakeBersaName; 12-23-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

can i order online the sizegenetics updates to buy it, if yes then post link
                                Last edited by Rykeres; 03-18-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X