Stoeger Coach Guns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoeger Coach Guns

Disclaimer: I have no need for one of these! But, I want one!
    I saw these at the gunshow, the vendor had them on a rack about 6' off the ground. I walked right into them. Boy, were they nice. I picked one up and started to hear the sound of a stagecoach coming into town.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/video/index.php?v=9 (click on coach gun) 55 sec. video
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Re: Stoeger Coach Guns

A buddy of mine picked up a 12ga one at a pawn shop for $125.00. It's a hoot to shoot and the double barrel is a tad ominous to look at if you happen to be on the dangerous end of one I want one too. But only if I can come across a deal like he did.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

I agree, nice! Like you, would like to have one, but no reason for it.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

i had one in my hand about 2 years ago but passed(way over $125.00)...now that i have a winchester 94 in 30-30, this might be my next toy that i din't need.

trailblazer
        Trying to use fact & logic to sway the opinion of someone with an agenda is a complete waste of time & energy.

Comment

Ive been using a Rossi Coach gun since 1972 I will leave the 870 in the case I want my hammer double That the way to go .
          Stoeger Coach are use by some of those want a be cowboy game players They are generally well made. I have read of some not shooting to point of aim . Barrels were not regulated proper. But most owners seem to love them.

The china ones are heavy . Many have a cross bolt hammer safety , PLUS a tang safety that does the trigger. They are not all that well built . I would leave in shop unless really cheap. I bought a new one couple years back would not fire R barrel Took me a while but I fixed it . never trusted it and sold it I will stay with my Rossi or a Stoeger
          Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Do want.
            "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Dang, RT, stop bringing these things up. I'm saving for my new bolt action 308 and can't AFFORD the distraction. The wife will also say "You don't NEED it." She's right but, sure do want one...... Did you see the double barreled Defender? OH WELL, some can, some do, some can't, some don't.........

Bill
              W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
              NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Comment

One of my biggest gun regrets is loosing my Rossi Coach gun about the same vintage of MTs I got it right out of School.. I'm thinking a certain one of my X's snatched it on her way out of my life and gave it to her boy friend.. It was way cool. External hammers, dual triggers. Dang, now I'm thinking I'm gonna go and get a slurpy.. Maybe that will make me feel better.

Comment

Blue and walnut...<drool>

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/fir...large_blue.jpg

Comment

I don't know what it is, but those coach guns make me want to be financially irresponsible.
                    Like I said, I have no need for one, but I can see one coming home with me.
                    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
                    Ayn Rand

Comment

mason I have a Colt 1880's coach gun Its real coach gun I will sell you for $3700 . Now thats a steal . Might get a well known member to even toss in a badge.
                      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Quote: "Now thats a steal"

Yeah! But who would be stealin' from whom???
                        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

it would be a fair exchange $$$$ for shotgun .
                          Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Now lets see.. Empty beer cans @ .05 each... into $3700.. Hmmmmmm thats like 74000 cans.. Now if I clean out the living room, bedroom and the bathroom.... Yea, I think I can do it.

Yur not teasin about the badge are ya?

Comment

i've got an original peters side by side 10ga
                              only shoots 3" mags..... steel buttplate... looks and handles awesome but makes my 12ga feel like a 22 by comparison
                              wouldnt wanna be on the other end of it though

stoeger makes some great guns....and they make some crap.... would definately handle and inspect well before purchasing
                              all of the ones i've seen that had problems the poorer craftsmanship was obvious on a close inspection... if it looks and feels good chances are it is
                              Last edited by Michael T; 10-13-2010, 03:02 PM. Reason: some things not for public
                              Barack Obama is the first politician I have ever known that has met or exceeded every one of my expectations. As bad as I thought he would be, I truly had no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X