Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATF is Going After the Saiga12

ATF had a "Townhall Meeting" at the SHOT Show
    They said shotguns of this nature don't have a sporting purpose.
    It'll be interesting to see where the new Kel-Tec shotgun fits in.

http://blog.princelaw.com/2011/1/20/...un-importation
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Re: ATF is Going After the Saiga12

Since when does a shotgun, or any firearm for that matter, need to have a "sporting purpose"? The 2nd amendment was not put in place so we could hunt ducks.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum. I think, therefore I am armed.

Comment

Well we have a R congress. They want to hold hearings. Lets see if their progun or wimps . Start the letters both sides BATF needs brought in and knocked down a peg or two.
      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

They don't want any Randy Weavers or David Koreshs to get their hands on them. While I may not agree with those people philosophically, I support their right not to be killed by hostile elements of the government and their ability to defend themselves. Left wing propagandists want the general public to believe that guns are for "sporting purposes" and not to prevent tyranny. If the Saiga is banned, the KT will certainly come under the Evil Black Rifle umbrella too.
        Protect your rights, join the NRA!

Comment

Folks, they know now that they are not going to achieve their goals by passing laws that conform to their agenda but, it's time to pay their debts and try to gain some lost sympathy from their supporters (those that believe he compromised) so, it's time to govern by regulation and since it's all that is left to them, they are going for it.

Once the "interpretation" of what a DD "should" be sets in the public's mind, then any other "logical" and "sensible" interpretation by the BATF will probably be accepted quietly by the sheep. And they will go after whatever they can fit in the "logical" criteria.

The job is not done.....2012 is not getting here soon enough......

Comment

IMO, this is something the NRA needs to hit hard and heavy, however they'll probably compromise and let this one slide.
            BTW, as soon as the letter goes out from the BATFE, they're illegal. As Argus said, since when did a firearm have to have a sporting purpose?

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
            Ayn Rand

Comment

Do you think the thing might be precieved as non sporting because they are all painted black? How about painting one up like a candy cane? Maybe they will not be so scared of it.
              Retired and hunkering in.

Comment

This whole "sporting purpose" verbage started when Congress passed the Gun Control Act of 1968. It has grown in influence ever since. To challenge it in court would be pricey, it would have to go through the Federal courts.
                Since Heller vs. D.C. squeaked by, I don't think anyone is willing to test the SCOTUS. This is a classic case of folks (back in '68) thinking a couple of harmless words could do no harm. Remember, we're dealing with people who think there is at least two definitions of "is".

Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminator View Post
                  Do you think the thing might be precieved as non sporting because they are all painted black? How about painting one up like a candy cane? Maybe they will not be so scared of it.

Doesn't look scary to me...

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

For some reason, my heartburn just went away...

Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
                      This whole "sporting purpose" verbage started when Congress passed the Gun Control Act of 1968. It has grown in influence ever since. To challenge it in court would be pricey, it would have to go through the Federal courts.
                      Since Heller vs. D.C. squeaked by, I don't think anyone is willing to test the SCOTUS. This is a classic case of folks (back in '68) thinking a couple of harmless words could do no harm. Remember, we're dealing with people who think there is at least two definitions of "is".
                      Sickening, ain't it? 2A doesn't say anything about sporting purposes.

Comment

I thought the "sporting purposes" thing was for imported guns.

From the ATF website:

The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) generally prohibits the importation of firearms, firearm frames or receivers, firearm barrels and ammunition into the United States. However, the GCA creates several narrow categories of firearms the Attorney General shall authorize for importation. In general, the GCA provides in Title 18, United States Code (U.S.C.), Chapter 44, Section 925 that firearms or ammunition may be imported into the United States: (1) for the purpose of scientific testing or research or for competition training under the provisions of Title 10, Chapter 401; (2) as unserviceable firearms, other than a machinegun as defined in 26 U.S.C. § 5844, (not readily restorable to firing condition) if imported as a curio or museum piece; (3) if the firearms or ammunition are of a type generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to “sporting purposes”; or (4) the firearms or ammunition were previously taken out of the United States by the person who is bringing in the firearms or ammunition.

Surplus military firearms and other non-sporting firearms qualifying as “curios or relics” may be imported. 18 U.S.C. § 925 (e). Title 18 U.S.C. § 925(a)(1) provides that the prohibition on the importation of firearms, firearm frames or receivers, firearm barrels and ammunition does not apply to the importation of firearms or ammunition sold or shipped to, or issued for the use of the United States or any department or agency thereof, or any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof.
                        This would have no effect on the new Kel-Tec shotgun as it's made in the U.S.

Bronson
                        Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

"This would have no effect on the new Kel-Tec shotgun as it's made in the U.S."

Bronson

...yet

Ayn Rand

Comment

WELL THE 2 THEY WENT AFTER FIT IN THE NON SPORTING SIDE. a 28 GAUGE revolver and the 410 mares leg But still doesn't matter their law is BS
                            Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
                              But still doesn't matter their law is BS
                              You'll get no arguments out of me on that one.

Bronson
                              Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X