Prolem with Smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prolem with Smith

So my Smith and Wesson 438 is a little upset with me. I didn't take it out shooting with me the other day. Today, I pull it out of the safe to do some dry fire, and find that the trigger is catching on reset. It would click twice, and a couple of times refused to return to reset without being pushed forward. Then, while attempting to manually cock the hammer, the hammer does not stay in the cocked position.

My SP101 I can strip down completely, but I have never attempted disassembly with my Smith. I took the side panel off to look for anything that looked "off", but don't really know what to check for.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm going to check out the Smith website, but I've never had a problem with any of my firearms, and would really like to not HAVE to send it off. But this kind of has me doubting this gun. I was planning on getting some tools together to try a feeble attempt at holsters, and was planning on making an OWB for this little revolver, but now I might not waste the time as I may not carry this gun anymore.

Re: Prolem with Smith

Don't you have a armorer in the dept. My stolen S&W 36 had trigged done by Dept armorer best trigger job I ever had
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Yeah, but I'm on vacation until tomorrow, and he won't be in until Monday. I obsess and like to try to fix things myself. It's the Border Collie in me

Comment

Look it over real close You can find exploded views of s&w . All them operate pretty much same Is it clean in side ? Make sure the lock working properly. Then look at hammer and sear. Remember these are MIM parts look for any thing out of place or that look like worn
        I have that undercover but my is a old one steel frame and a early model .
        I like the extra weight when shooting and pocket carry not that bad in a Don Hume pocket holster.
        Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Yeah, I wish I would have waited and picked up an old Model 60, but I'll try to work with this one. The Airweight makes for a kick, thats for sure.

Comment

As a back up gun light is fine I would guess you carry it low so makes easy on the body.
            Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Working...
            X