"Texas" BBQ gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Texas" BBQ gun

Heading out tomorrow to a get together which the host describes as a Texas BBQ. Never having been to a Texas BBQ, here or in Texas who knows how accurate his interpretation will be but it should be fun. HE is cooking a side of beef over an open pit all night and guests are invited to bling up a bit and wear their fancy shooting irons and gear to show off. I am not a real blingy kind of guy, about the best I can do is a 1970 Bulova Snorkel "Devil diver" and a chrome plated Detroit PD Colt with stag grips. At the very least the food should be great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180609_191547[123].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	605689

Re: "Texas" BBQ gun

Texas BBQ is Beef, Beef, Beef.
    No fancy rubs, a heavy dose of salt and cracked pepper. My taste is Central Texas BBQ. See if they offer up a free beer with their BBQ. If so it's real. Half a beef the crew has a huge pit, for a slow indirect heat.

Make sure you are wearing $hit kickers (boots) and a hat is all the bling you will need. If you are wearing a Colt .45 1873 Cattleman you go to the front of the line.

Enjoy your BBQ
    Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 06-10-2018, 08:51 AM.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017
    sigpic

Comment

Had Texas BBQ at the MIL's tonight and I only had my Bersa Plus, Boots are required, but should wear jeans and a shirt, just in case the juices run down your chin...…………………………….

That is a nice Colt there...NICE....
      W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
      NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Comment

I've had Texas BBQ that not only tasted like boots, it was just as tough. On the whole, it's pretty good eatin', especially the aforementioned Central Texas variety. There's all kinds of cooking contests in the Lone Star state, but I knew one champ who only told me the first step in his winner recipe: Fell one cow.....

Have a good time, lee. That watch and six-shooter should really razzle dazzle 'em.
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Texas is so dang big that there are about as many styles of BBQ as counties! I-10 is 879 miles long across Texas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Iknew one cowpoke that liked his BBQ RARE. If the steer stood out in the sun 1 minute too long, it was too done.............................................. ..................
            W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
            NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Comment

It was a blast, lots of good food and people, and lots of sweet guns. There were several Wilson Combat pieces which had me drooling. I got slowest reload outside of the SAA division using my DPD issued cartridge loop belt slide and dump pouch, I guess they make these new fangled things called speedloaders which most revolver shooters used. But I got to say I did pretty good on the targets, even beat an 80 year old using a 1911 in the speed shooting drill.

I think the stag grips really set it off. When I first saw the revolver it was wearing a cracked Colt grip panel and a Hip Grip which facilitates "Mexican" carry, sorry that is probably a politically incorrect these days way of saying stuff it in the waist band of your pants with no holster. I got these and put them on and my father in law loved it. This and his 4 inch chromed DPD Police Positive were the only handguns he ever owned, Interesting side note, he told me that Detroit PD would buy blued guns from Colt and then have them chromed locally rather than buy directly from Colt.

As far as dress goes, I probably looked like a Texas bootlegger more than a cowboy as I did have my cowboy boots but the only hat I had was a Stetson Fedora.

Comment

reason I used to shoot at Lone Star Range is there were some over the top BBQ joints. I brought a fancy looking 1911A1 to use as a BBQ gun.
                Retired and hunkering in.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	601078 My BBQgun but not Texas, N.C. and we like pork BBQ. Holster came from Texas though.
                  Last edited by Sig P229R; 09-30-2018, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig P229R View Post
                    My BBQgun but not Texas, N.C. and we like pork BBQ. Holster came from Texas though.
                    NC BBQ!! Yummmmmm! Years ago my favorite was "Hog Heaven" in Charlotte! A little hole in the wall but I loved it!

Comment

I am in the triad area and my favorite is Kepleys in High Point and I guess next would be Lexington BBQ in Lexington. Years ago when traveling to the beach thru Goldsboro (on U.S.70) I found Wilbers and it is pretty darn good too,[/SIZE][/FONT]
                      Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 09-29-2018, 08:19 AM. Reason: Reduce font size to conform to the rest of the forum

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9813[/ATTACH] My BBQgun but not Texas, N.C. and we like pork BBQ. Holster came from Texas though.
                        Man, what a nice looking pistol!

Comment

I am in the triad area and my favorite is Kepleys in High Point and I guess next would be Lexington BBQ in Lexington. Years ago when traveling to the beach thru Goldsboro (on U.S.70) I found Wilbers and it is pretty darn good too,[/SIZE][/FONT]
                          You have to try Stamey’s in Greensboro. Is where my wife is from and we still think best pulled pork around. My dad is in Assisted living in Southern Pines and other than Pic an Pig in Carthage which is more of a fun fun place, have not found really good place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is so much good barbecue around me it's ridiculous. Even the fast food barbecue at Bill Miller's is passable.

Sent from space for your entertainment.
                            "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Thanks it was my first sig

Comment

Working...
                              X