Another new revolver.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new revolver.

I wanted to try out a Charter Arms for a long time, so today I picked one up. It is the .357 Mag Pug.

Anyone have any experience with Charter?

I had one of their Bulldog .44s back in the 70s. It was a pretty good shooter, as our own late Michael T affirmed. They had some reliability problems after changing company ownership for a spell, but I hear the present Charter Arms is a good outfit now. We'll be waiting for your range report, bersatoter.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

The biggest problem with Charter Arms is they are in Connecticut AKA East California. Buying their products is like buying from sporting goods stores who support gun confiscation. Most gun companies have pulled out of that state.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Looks sweet bersatoter! Funny you mention it .... I declared revolver day at the range yesterday and I really needed it. I shot my S&W 637 at mostly 5 - 6 yards with and without sites, mostly double action, left & right handed. I needed the practice .. I started shooting 8 - 10" high. I would have belly shot the BG when I was aiming at his nuts! After a quick sight picture correction I was able to keep the shots good enough.

I shot the 4" S&W 66 mostly at 10 yards... it is a good shooter.

Then I shot both at 20 yards just for fun and surprisingly I put all shots on the torso! 637 a few inches low to the left. The 66 was a bit high right. Overall it was an educational, fun and rewarding day at the range!

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post
          Looks sweet bersatoter! Funny you mention it .... I declared revolver day at the range yesterday and I really needed it. I shot my S&W 637 at mostly 5 - 6 yards with and without sites, mostly double action, left & right handed. I needed the practice .. I started shooting 8 - 10" high. I would have belly shot the BG when I was aiming at his nuts! After a quick sight picture correction I was able to keep the shots good enough.

I shot the 4" S&W 66 mostly at 10 yards... it is a good shooter.

Then I shot both at 20 yards just for fun and surprisingly I put all shots on the torso! 637 a few inches low to the left. The 66 was a bit high right. Overall it was an educational, fun and rewarding day at the range!
          Yeah, that's the one thing about revolvers, the front sight is a different animal than on a semi-auto.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
            I had one of their Bulldog .44s back in the 70s. It was a pretty good shooter, as our own late Michael T affirmed. They had some reliability problems after changing company ownership for a spell, but I hear the present Charter Arms is a good outfit now. We'll be waiting for your range report, bersatoter.
            Will do. I wanted to go this weekend, but we ended up have a "mini" snow storm, so that idea got canceled.

Comment

I think you'll like it. I have the pitbull(?) in 45 acp. Great fit and finish, crisp trigger, and a wonderful shooter. The only two things I did was to slick up the internals (not really even needed) and paint the front sight ramp a bright orange. Enjoy your new revolver!

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

STILL have not had the chance to shoot my new Charter! We had a snow storm yesterday, the day I intended to go to the range.

Comment

Made it to the range today, and the Charter felt great to shoot. Could not really tell much difference between the .38 Specials and the +P's, but could tell a difference between the .38's and the .357 Mags! None the less, with the large grips on the Charter, it was very controllable.

Comment

Originally posted by bersatoter View Post
                    Made it to the range today, and the Charter felt great to shoot.
                    You know we love to see target pictures.

Some around here might say, "Pictures or it didn't happen!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post

You know we love to see target pictures.

Some around here might say, "Pictures or it didn't happen!"
                      Yep. Rule #22: Pics or it didn't happen.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Ok, here are some pics from last weekend.

I was also testing out a new S&W M&P 9C I bought. The Charter target was on the top left, and the distance was around 30 feet. It's a good wheel gun, and happy I bought it...I will buy another sometime.

Comment

I have a original Stafford Conn Bulldog in .44 spl, its a fine shooter. The Charter 2000 group has had issues but may have been addressed by now. Yes M.T had the same model and year as mine.
                          Friday a thief, Sunday a king

Comment

Working...
                          X