Bought a Taurus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a Taurus.

I bought the Taurus G2C, and boy does this gun shoot well! Accuracy is on par as most other "standard" polymer framed striker-fired compacts, but for the price?

I have only ran 100 rounds through it, about twenty JHP's and the rest ball rounds, but it runs good and I had no malfunctions with it. Happy so far!

Hey!....don't tempt me.
    I've been seriously thinking about a G2C.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I have 2 of them. If they were 45's they would be my edc. One thing you might want to do is change the plastic guide rod for the ss after market one. Makes a good gun perfect.
      W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
      NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

I have seriously been thinking about one of those. Even going with .380 I have thought about picking one up just to have a 9MM emergency option. I am thinking about the Taurus 692 to go along with it.

Comment

I've had a G2C for a while now and it does shoot right where ya aim it with no malfunctions with any ammo I have tried, including a bunch of Hollow Points. I like its magazine capacity of 12 rounds too. Only thing I don't like about the Taurus G2c is the heavy trigger pull breaking weight. Mine is particularly heavy. But I don't think they are all as heavy as mine is. If I could lighten the break weight, I would really love this pistol because it is the right size to carry easily.
          Last edited by FakeBersaName; 06-17-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I came across the Taurus G2c one year ago when I first started researching a new 9mm ccw for myself. The gun looks great and gets excellent reviews and feedback. Anyhow, it is slightly wider than I desire in my ccw but I introduced it to a coworker that I felt would be a better gun for him vs his "previous". He purchased one and several other co-workers ended up purchasing numerous for themselves and family also.

You cannot beat the price and they are currently offering the Cash and Carry rebate. Just FYI, Dahlonega Armory has the best price on the all black ($180.99).

The gun shoots very well. The trigger pull is between 5lbs and 6lbs. My co-worker is actually hitting center mass at 80ft with it which he could have never done with his previous Taurus 92. He loves it.

I am tempted myself because it is so affordable but I'm looking for something slightly smaller. Great gun though and probably one of the best or the best Taurus has ever made. That gun is well worth $350.00 or more, IMO.

Ralph

Comment

bersatoter: Could you measure the trigger pull weight on your Taurus and post it for me? Mine must be more than 6 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by brojohn View Post
                Hey!....don't tempt me.
                I've been seriously thinking about a G2C.
                Don't know what happened to the picture of my G2C, but here it is again.

I have 320 rounds through it so far, three different types of JHP ammo, and of course a few different brands of ball rounds, and I have not had a malfunction yet. I truly love this pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
                  bersatoter: Could you measure the trigger pull weight on your Taurus and post it for me? Mine must be more than 6 lbs.
                  I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I would bet it is around the 5-6 pound range. It does not bother me any though, because I tend to like triggers a little heavy on self loading pistols....reminds me of my revolvers, and I tend to shoot a pistol, with a slightly heavy trigger, better anyways.

Comment

You folks talking about trigger pulls should try some KG-10 lube (or even the KG-5 trigger lube). You'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

When my son was hog hunting in southern IL he had a Taurus 357 magnum revolver 7 shot as a back up. Great pistol. I shot it several times it was a hand full. Still has it but no longer hog hunting.
                      TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Working...
                      X