.380 EZ S&W M&P Shield PC Model

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.380 EZ S&W M&P Shield PC Model

The house warden wanted a .380 pistol. The big problem is she can't rack any of the slides. I have tried every method and trust me I tried to teach her many methods. On most people, one hand on top of the slide, the other on the grip thrusting it forward while keeping the slide hand stationary. The grip hand thrusting the firearm in the direction of the target rips the pistol free of the slide hand. Normally a child can learn this method of racking any pistol. NOT MA!
    She has no grip strength and just gives up.

I learned about the EZ Shield and took her to a dealer to try racking it. Bingo she racked it easy and fast. Next, she is a good shot so she tried out the demo and the action and fit were to her liking, it shot well. So, as usual, I wind up doing business with Kentucky Gun Co. where she found a Performance Center gun. She didn't mind the muzzle flip on the demo but this one is ported so as to keep the flip down. She likes both the thumb safety and grip safety.

At a little over 18oz. the weight is good for CC. Internal hammer fired. I'll give a range report once it arrives and I can get her to the range. (I may do a test drive LOL)

141483.jpg click for a large photo.
    • Ported barrel to reduce muzzle flip
    • Lightening cuts in the slide for reduced weight
    • PC flat face, black anodized aluminum trigger
    • PC enhanced black anodized aluminum grip safety
    • PC ported barrel with Armornite® Durable Corrosion Resistant Finish
    • Easy to rack slide
    • Performance Center action, crisp, lightweight trigger with tactile and audible trigger reset
    • HI-VIZ® Litewave H3™ Tritium/Litepipe Sights
    • Tactile loaded chamber indicator (TLCI) - see and feel if there is a round in the chamber
    • Picatinny-style rail
    • Two easy-to-load, 8-round magazines
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Good that she found something she liked. I shot a Colt 1911 .45 which was ported & had no muzzle flip!
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

And that is how a wife should get a gun. Let her operate it, fondle it, shoot it, see how it feels. Good on ya RC! Glad to hear the EZ M&P was a good choice. I'll have to look into that. My wife... she just picks my favorite and says it is hers now. Speaking of which. I too picked up another pistol today. That's two in a month. I am going to have to buy another matching rack. But that will leave me with 4 empty slots. What on earth am I going to do about the empty slots?
      I do dislike asymmetry.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

I thought our plain old vanilla EZ Shield was the best it could get, but you've sure topped that, RC. I can't imagine how much more you can make a pistol easier to rack, handle and shoot. Anxiously awaiting the test drive results....
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

The best part, her money, her gun.

Sent from the mothership.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
            The best part, her money, her gun.

Sent from the mothership.
            Indeed it is.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Yes, her gun, but my crotch tightened up when I saw she was headed for the higher priced custom shop gun. Then I started to add up all the upgrades they put into the performance center gun and I was OK with it. If you had to have a gunsmith do each of the add ons it would cost twice the value of the firearm or even more. She put out $120.00 extra and the more I think about it that is a bargain. No tax, free shipping, $475.00 delivered. + $20 for her FFL transfer.

I am interested in the trigger job they do. I'll let you know on the range test compared to the demo EZ we tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                I am interested in the trigger job they do. I'll let you know on the range test compared to the demo EZ we tried.
                The standard out-of-the-box trigger is one of the best I've ever fingered. A custom job is hard to imagine.
                Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

I received it yesterday.

Ported barrel

IMG_20190709_115315786.jpg

I didn't know it came with a multi-caliber cleaning kit.

IMG_20190709_113846415.jpg IMG_20190709_113924253.jpg

Cleaned the gun and gave the magazines a KG-10 treatment.

IMG_20190709_121227425.jpg

Range report when the lady of the house can squeeze in a trip to our club.

Comment

Working...
                  X