Bought a new gun today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a new gun today.....

Finally made the move and bought that Sig P365.
    Man what a stiff-necked pistola! Boy it is stiff- and the mags are near impossible without a loader. Its a little smaller than my BT-380's, and a couple ounces lighter. I did load 5 rounds in each mag and went out and fired it off....I think I'll be able to handle it. But it definitely had some recoil.
    I hear that they limber up a bit after several shooting sessions- so I guess I need to plan a range trip in the near future.

IMG_20200516_143723.jpg
    Certified Armed Infidel

Congrats on the new pistol brojohn. I love mine. It's reliable and for its size it's a real accurate shooter. Being lightweight and a 9mm it will be a bit snappy compared to your BT-380, especially with self defense loads. It will limber up some with use. Hope you enjoy it.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Thanks....I already like it. Planning a range trip this week sometime?- watching the rain. Will be my first trip since Nov 2018!
      I did get a 12 round mag for it, and I like the feel of it much better than the 10 rounders. If it shoots better with the longer mag?.....i may just make it a 12 rounder by changing out the grip module- you can do that for $40. We'll see how it shoots first.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I carry it with the 10 rounder and keep the 12 rounder in a mag pouch. Hope I'll never be in a situation where I'll need 23 rounds, that would be a dicey predicament indeed! But it's nice to know that I have that capability if needed, and in a small package to boot.
        Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

I'm glad you're on our side, brojohn! With Bersas, Caniks and now Sigs in your arsenal, you have a more formidable civilian armaments capacity than Hackensack, Noo Joisey.
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Yeah....I have a few. Also have an older model Sig P-228, my favorite all time shooter. But I recently thinned the heard a little. I gave my brother and his granddaughter a Bersa 9 HC and a Thunder 380 CC, and sold off a big Canik and Walther. I'm gonna slim it down some more too. Hanging on to one of the Thunder CC's, a couple Thunder Plus models, this new Sig 365 and a couple of Kahrs. The rest I'll leave to #1 son. I have quiet a few long guns that I have not even touched in years.
            Still planning a range trip soon to get more rounds through this 365- hopefully by next week...weather man says it will be clear Monday and Tuesday? but who know what the weather will be....these weather men lie like democrats!
            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Yeah, but they claim they can predict the weather 20-30 years from now! As usual, their predictions on our doom the last 50 years, or so, have all been wrong!
              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Make it to the range yet brojohn? I'm very interested in hearing how well you shoot the 365 and your critique of the weapon.
                Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Originally posted by WVSurveyor View Post
                  Make it to the range yet brojohn? I'm very interested in hearing how well you shoot the 365 and your critique of the weapon.
                  No....not yet- but soon. Weatherman says rain for next 8 days?....surely that will change. I expect this next week- riots allowing! (just kidding)

I did order 2 of the 12 round mags for it. That does extend the grip about 3/8"- and lets my whole pinky finger get a grip.
                  I have worn it around the house a lot, in a kydex IWB and a leather OWB holster- both work good. No problem covering it with a tee-shirt- in the IWB, but in the OWB holster I need a little heavier shirt to conceal.

I will report once done- probably next week.
                  Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                  X