Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Sig P-365 Range Report

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Sig P-365 Range Report

    Okay- today worked out for me to make a flying trip to the range, so I did.

    I put a total of 168 rounds through it of fairly mixed ammo:
    153 - 124gr S&B fmj
    12 - 115 gr Remington HTP hollow points
    3 - 90 gr Freedom Munitions 380 acp!

    Yep- 3 rounds of 380. That part was unintentional- but I did it.

    I had 2 guns with me, and one was a Bersa T 380 Plus. I had my guns and ammo separated on the bench, but somehow managed to get the FM 380 in the 9mm stack. It fired fine, but recoil was low and it would not cycle the next round. It took 3 rounds for me to figure that something was not right. What a dummy.

    Anyway, once that was behind me everything else went fine. The 365 shoots good, it does have recoil though. I seem to hit the target better with the 12 round extended mags over the standard 10 rounders. I set 8" targets at 10 and 20 yards and did well on the close ones and okay on the far ones. I can hit good enough to carry this gun...and I will as of today.

    Oh and the Bersa 380 plus fired the rest of that FM 90 gr hp fine- no hickups.

    Bottom line on the Sig 365- I believe its worth it. I recommend it. I can hit an 8" target with it at 20 yards.
    The only issue I see it that it doesn't cycle 380 ammo well....but that will not be a problem for most folks....
    Last edited by brojohn; 06-05-2020, 02:58 PM.
    Certified Armed Infidel

    #2
    Good to hear you shoot it well. I really like the factory sights. Had mine out the other day shooting different hollow points and was able to bang 3" to 8" steel targets from 7 yards to 25 yards. I even shot a steel torso at 75 yards and hit it with regularity. I use a 2A Slim Profile Pancake OWB holster 90% of the time and have a Kusiak IWB leather holster for the other 10%.
    I've never tried the 380 test, so I'll take your experience to heart. I did once jam a .308 cartridge into a .25-06 chamber. That didn't work too well either.
    Montani Semper Liberi

    Comment


      #3
      I assure you that 380 incident was an accident. But it does prove a point- even smart guys like me can make a mistake .
      Now i have it cleaned up and lubed, loaded with SD rounds. I have a Badger Concealment IWB holster that works good, and am looking for a OWB, probably leather. I'll take a look at that 2A Slim Profile Pancake.
      Certified Armed Infidel

      Comment


        #4
        Did that Sig come from Germany? They are closing up shop.
        Certified Armed Infidel

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by groberts View Post
          Did that Sig come from Germany? They are closing up shop.
          N.H. USA.
          Certified Armed Infidel

          Comment


            #6
            Not the end of the world. I grabbed a couple of rifles and my Springer EMT and went to the club. Well, I'll Be! I snagged a box of
            .380, So what did I do? I shot the whole box... racked between each shot so I still had fun.
            In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

            Comment

            Working...
            X