Ruger 1911

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger 1911

Anyone seen or shot the new Ruger custom shop SR1911 competition ?
    Is not cheap.

No, I have not, but I know I won't be able to afford it! I would take some saving up, just to be able to afford one of their standard 1911's, for me anyways. I like their Commander model quite a bit, and if I were to buy a 1911, it would be that size of one...the Government model is just too big to tote around all day, at least to me.

Comment

I am a Ruger fan and have had more than a few Ruger revolvers and rifles. But I have a max $$ I will pay for any firearm and the SR1911 can stay on Ruger's shelves... There are just too many grate firearms are there like the Bersa's, at reasonable prices.
      TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

For that kinda price, I'd be more inclined to a Les Baer or Dan Wesson. Then for a few $$ more, a Night Hawk.

'Course, for accuracy & smooth shooting, a Metro Arms is only about $500.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Own a SR1911 and have owned a American classic.
          Just pondering this for a higher end custom/competition grade.

Comment

I would have to imagine that Ruger is a fine example. I also think much like mitchr, if ever I shelled out for a big money 1911 again it would be a Nighthawk.

Also a thought, you could build one. You can't get more custom than that. Parts and tools (if you don't already have some of them) and you're in it the same money or less as a Nighthawk with tools to use forever.

"The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Working...
            X