Browning 1911 380

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning 1911 380

Been a while and made a few changes in my equipment. Having trouble with arthritis sent me on a mission to find my new EDC pistol. My favorite Makarov being blowback operated was starting to be a bit on the stiff side so it was time for a change. My doctor, a shooter, recommended the new SW EZ, and it is indeed a nice pistol. But, I had the itch for a 1911 again for a while, likely eventually the last time. So, I went looking around, I tried various 9MM options, and while I can still shoot them, between the size and recoil impulses it was not something I would shoot long range sessions with. So, I tried the .380 models.

I tried the versions I could get my hands on, the RIA and the Browning. The winner for me was the Browning. So far I have ran 30 or 4 hundred rounds through it since the beginning of the year and so far, I am really impressed.

browning .jpg

Thats a nice shooter- I want one....bad.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

That should shoot soft enough to help with your arthritis. Nice on the eye too.

Sent from the mothership.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by brojohn View Post
        Thats a nice shooter- I want one....bad.
        It is an excellent looking 1911, and they do feel great in the hand. OP must have got a good one...a friend of mine bought on about a year ago, and has had nothing, but problems with it.

That is a great looking pistol you got there OP!

Comment

Originally posted by bersatoter View Post

It is an excellent looking 1911, and they do feel great in the hand. OP must have got a good one...a friend of mine bought on about a year ago, and has had nothing, but problems with it.

That is a great looking pistol you got there OP!
          I have had no issues whatsoever with it. IT has feed and shot everything I have tried with no issues. No reloads have been tried yet though. I have read that a few of the first models had a lot of trouble shooting rounds that were shorter than standard. One reviewer said that every single round they had issues with they measured and found them to be slightly shorter than most .38 acp cartridges.

Comment

Working...
          X