Springfield Ronin Commander .45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springfield Ronin Commander .45

Found this for 100.00 below MSRP and free shipping. Thought it was a pretty descent deal these days. They are hard to come by and when you do see one the price is hundreds more. I took off the pretty wooden cross canon logo grips and replaced them with these G10's from Coolhand. I field stripped it, cleaned and lubed it and took it to the farm yesterday for its maiden voyage. Ran 7 mags of 240 gr fmj rounds. The 8 round mag that came with it, two 8 round Wilson Combat mags and four 7 round Springfield mags. Ran it all without issue. Nice sights and really good trigger. It was 31 degrees and about to start snowing or sleeting so I didn't stay long. Shot steel plates and torsos from 10 yards to 70 yards and hit them most of the time. When the weather gets a little better I'll put her to paper, shoot off a rest, and see how the sights are set up and how she groups.
    IMG_0869[1].JPG
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Handsome pistol! How did you score that one? I'm waitlisted for a Commander. Trying to support my LGS.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
      Handsome pistol! How did you score that one? I'm waitlisted for a Commander. Trying to support my LGS.
      No LGS around here had one and they didn't know when they'd be available. I just started searching every site that sold them. Every one was out of stock. The only ones available were on Gun Broker auctions and they were going for hundreds over MSRP. I didn't want it that bad. Then I checked on Gunbuyer and they showed them available, new in box, at 100.00 below MSRP and free shippping. I did have to pay state sales tax though. I jumped on it. It arrived as advertised in a very timely manner. They were good to deal with in communication, performance and service. I checked on their site a few days later and they were out of stock. I might have got the last one or at the very least one of the last few.
      I hope I'm wrong, but I expect that once availability of all popular weapons increases, so will the price as compared to what they were prior.
      Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Great looking gun OP! The Ronin is a nice pistol. Sounds like you did pretty well on the price too!

Comment

Working...
        X