is my firing pin spring on backwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is my firing pin spring on backwards?

I took my firing pin out the other day for cleaning and it was pretty well stuck on the throat of the pin. I had read the trick about put it on and if it falls off, it is backwards. when I turned the spring around it didn't go up as far on the pin. So I put it back on the way it was, by now I figured it is stuck on the throat again. Any advice? I have an extra Wilson spring at home if yall think I should replace the one which is on it. This question is about my AC Trophy

Re: is my firing pin spring on backwards?

I've never noticed a difference end to end on a 1911 firing pin spring.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I had read the trick about put it on and if it falls off, it is backwards
      That for recoil springs as far as ever knew not a firing pin spring. Mine was stuck goon on my Colt so what I cleaned First time in years on that one. and reinstalled

Does the pistol fire Does the pin stick out the hole into chamber . If it ain't broke don't mess .
      Last edited by Michael T; 07-01-2011, 05:39 PM.
      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

no it works fine, i read about right way wrong way in an old 1911 thread, one end is bigger than the other and the smaller end goes on, but I have never seen one get so stuck I had to pry it off carefully with a small screw driver like this is.

Comment

my Colt was on pretty good
          Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

k thanks

Comment

Working...
            X