http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/can-...o-arms-review/

Re: GunsAmerica reviews MetroArms 1911.

Good article - thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Comment

Nice! COTEP may have to expand its membership qualifications.
      Certified Armed Infidel
      كافر

Comment

I just posted this to our sister forum... I see it is posted here so I made it a sticky. Yes a good review, expect the price now to jump another $50 to $100.00
        In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

My Firestorm DLX is always a favorite at the Carolina M&G.
          Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
            I just posted this to our sister forum... I see it is posted here so I made it a sticky. Yes a good review, expect the price now to jump another $50 to $100.00

Wow! My first sticky!

It's in the AC Forum twice, I had also posted the article link in the General Discussion Forum for American Classic Pistols
            Last edited by qwiksdraw; 07-07-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I just deleted mine and stuck yours on ACII... I must have not had my cup of Java yet. [emoji20]

Now you got two stickys[emoji4]
              In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

It's like Christmas in July!

Thanks!

Comment

Top 5 Budget 1911s...

Metro Arms Classic

Cimarron 1918 style model

(Both via Eagle Imports)

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/top-5-budget-1911s/
                  Certified Armed Infidel
                  كافر

Comment

Good article. Looks like I've found my next 1911. Thanks.

Comment

You won't be disappointed. It is a fine pistol.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

That review is spot on! I love my American Classic II to death! Out of the box, it was all the review says. But I wanted to make it all it could be. I knew it was worth the cost of upgrades. So I ordered a full compliment of stainless "Bullet Proof" components from Wilson Combat. Stainless barrel bushing, trigger, sear, disconnector, hammer, hammer strut and beavertail safety. And dropped in a Wilson Combat 16# recoil spring and a Wolff 21# hammer spring. Then I got an Ed Brown snakeskin hammer spring housing and mag well, and installed those. I polished the crap out of all those stainless Wilson parts with my trusty Dremel and Flitz. Then went looking for a great 1911 gunsmith to hand-fit all those parts. As luck would have it, one of the most highly-recommended smiths in the country was only a 45 minute drive away. I took my gun and my little box of parts and went to see him. He looked my AMII over, disassembled it, checked it out thoroughly, and told me it was a very high-quality gun with frame/slide/barrel quality and fit right on par with his personal Dan Wesson. He let me try the trigger on his Dan Wesson and it was heaven, and told me he could duplicate that in my gun with the parts I had brought with me. The Wilson barrel bushing needed to be hand-fit to both the slide and barrel. I left the gun with him and went to pick it up three weeks later. He had run 400 rounds of mixed ammo through it without a single hiccup, the trigger was an absolute DREAM. Due to the proprietary geometry of the Wilson Combat hammer and hammer strut, the slide was much easier to rack, and it was much easier to thumb-cock from full hammer-down position. He only charged me $75.00! And the parts were right around $200.00 I stopped at the range on my way home. First magazine went into a group the size of the end of a pop can at 25 yards standing, unsupported. Off of a rudimentary sandbag rest, the group shrunk to half that. I found a pair of Wilson Combat medallions and had a set of grips made with those medallions in them. I added grip tape to the front of the grip frame after this pic was taken, and have installed TruGlo fiber optic/tritium sights on it. This gun runs and shoots like DREAM and I will put it up against any 1911 ANYwhere!

1911 New Grips R.JPG

1911 Rear.JPG

1911 NEW MUZZLE 2.JPG

Comment

Working...
                        X