Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adivity PD-10 (Eagle Imports)

Adversity PD 10-
    I guess I missed the boat on this?.....just heard about this gun today. It looks good. I think I might like it. About the size of the BPCC....though I have never handled one. A little lighter, 10+1 cap. and is uses 1911 9mm mags.

I recently bought a Canik TP-9 DA......a striker fired gun! OMG!....am I impressed, I have since purchased 2 more. ( y'all should check out the Canik!)
    But these guns are big...a little big for carry......so I started looking for a smaller...striker gun suitable for CCW.

Then someone recommend I watch out for the Adversity PD 10- of course its apparently not on the shelf yet....but Eagle will carry it.
    There are a couple of videos on youtube...but it really looks good!

Anyone else look at this?
    Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 01-05-2018, 10:17 AM.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Re: Adversity PD-10 (Eagle Imports)

Originally posted by brojohn View Post
    Adversity PD 10-
    I guess I missed the boat on this?.....just heard about this gun today. It looks good. I think I might like it. About the size of the BPCC....though I have never handled one. A little lighter, 10+1 cap. and is uses 1911 9mm mags.

I recently bought a Canik TP-9 DA......a striker fired gun! OMG!....am I impressed, I have since purchased 2 more. ( y'all should check out the Canik!)
    But these guns are big...a little big for carry......so I started looking for a smaller...striker gun suitable for CCW.

Then someone recommend I watch out for the Adversity PD 10- of course its apparently not on the shelf yet....but Eagle will carry it.
    There are a couple of videos on youtube...but it really looks good!

Anyone else look at this?
    I couldn't find it anywhere, then it cropped up as an Avidity, lol. It does look interesting.

Edit: Nevermind. That's the Pincus gun. I won't own it on principle alone.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PHMadness; 08-13-2017, 10:42 AM.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Hah!....Adversity!.....I never was good at spelling!

Avidity...thats it.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

What's a "pincus gun"?
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
          What's a "pincus gun"?
          Designed and pushed by Rob Pincus, one of the tacticool blowhards on YouTube.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
          "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I got to fondle it at the NRA show in Atlanta. Nice specs, weight and balance. Definitely an interesting pistol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1495.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	600627

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Another striker fired. Other than capacity, what is the advantage over the BP9CC?
              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Wondering if it will ever hit the shelves?
                I have been looking for this for a long time.

I see Sig has one in 9mm about ready to ship- the P365. Striker fired, 10 rounds, 3.1" bbl, 5.8" loa, 4.3" hight, 18 oz.
                Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Nein danke. Oops. No thanks. No striker fired for me. Even my Ruger LC380 has a hammer. A small and hidden hammer but a hammer.
                  Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

why not just go buy a glock? looks just like 1...............Make mine a CZ!
                    Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by groberts View Post
                      Nein danke. Oops. No thanks. No striker fired for me. Even my Ruger LC380 has a hammer. A small and hidden hammer but a hammer.
                      Don't like striker fired guns?..... try a Canik (Century Arms) TP9 DA and SF

The DA is single/double action, and the SF is single only. If you shoot it....you will buy it.
                      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

brojohn: Guess you really like the Canik striker-fired, since you bought 3 of them. If you like Canik, make sure that you never fire any of the CZ polymer pistols, striker (P-10C) or hammer (P-07/09). IF you do, it will cost you money. Caniks are very CZ-like.

Comment

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
                          ........brojohn: Guess you really like the Canik striker-fired, since you bought 3 of them.....

Actually 4.

I saw the Tri-star imported "CZ-75Compact clone" at a good price- so I ordered it. I knew immediately it was a good buy. It is "almost" as good as my old Sig 228. After I got it I noticed it was actually made by Canik?.... never heard of them. I hit youtube and there it was- the Canik TP9 series. I was so impressed with "who" on youtube gave them a good rating that I ordered the DA/SA striker fired gun. Once I got it and racked the slide and pulled the trigger a few times- I ordered another one. Then within a couple weeks I saw the SF Elite (SAO) striker fired Canik at my local LGS.....price was $329!!!- I bought it. Now I have 4 in just over a month.
                          If you are striker-fired person....I recommend the TP9 SF (striker fired) it has a short crisp single action about 4# trigger- very good shooter. It comes in 4 models. (including a competition model)
                          If you are a DA/SA person.........I recommend the DA (double action) It has a similar short crisp 4# SA with a longer about 9# DA....and it has a de-cocker. My favorite by far.

The only thing I can find wrong with these guns is that they are kinda big for every day concealed carry. The compact Elite model is about the size of the G-19. The DA, SA, and SF are about the size of the G17.... just to get an idea. These Caniks are the best striker fired guns I have ever shot. Their hammer fired guns are just like the CZ's, excellent shooters.

However....... the best, most perfect, compact every day concealed carry gun in 9mm still eludes me....I can not find it. In 380?- no problem- Bersa Thunder-period.
                          I'm still looking for that one.......
                          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Brojohn wrote: However....... the best, most perfect, compact every day concealed carry gun in 9mm still eludes me....I can not find it. In 380?- no problem- Bersa Thunder-period.
                            I'm still looking for that one.......

Me too. I thought the Bersa BP9cc might fill that bill, but I could not get it to function with Hollow Points to save my life (literally).

CZ makes a smaller pistol called the RAMI that intrigues me, but I have never handled one. It is small enough, but I don't know if it is thin like the BP9, or if I could hit well with it, but it is highly praised.

Closest thing I have to the perfect 9mm carry gun right now is my Bersa UC9.

Comment

To me the perfect 9mm carry gun is a 9mm short, i.3. 380. And yes it is the BT380 although I really like the Ruger LC380. The LC9 just has too much kick for me. I fell in love with 380 many years ago after shooting a Walther PPK.
                              Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                              X