Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw my first Grand Power P11 Mk 12 today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw my first Grand Power P11 Mk 12 today.

Surprised by two things. 1. The SA trigger pull is very good--not heavy at all. breaks with minimal take-up. I could tell this is a carry size pistol I could hit with. But it had the 3-dot "sights" that seem to be on every pistol now...too bad. The DA pull was smooth enough, but way too heavy for my use.

2. It is the same width as my Bersa Thunder Pro UC9, the grips felt very good in the hand.

The price was too high for a used gun; but other than that, if one didn't have a UC9, this would be an interesting gun to try out for carry.

Re: Saw my first Grand Power P11 Mk 12 today.

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
    Surprised by two things. 1. The SA trigger pull is very good--not heavy at all. breaks with minimal take-up. I could tell this is a carry size pistol I could hit with. But it had the 3-dot "sights" that seem to be on every pistol now...too bad. The DA pull was smooth enough, but way too heavy for my use.

2. It is the same width as my Bersa Thunder Pro UC9, the grips felt very good in the hand.

The price was too high for a used gun; but other than that, if one didn't have a UC9, this would be an interesting gun to try out for carry.
    Those Grand Powers are salty. I saw a new one in one of the local gun stores a few months ago, and was like "wow". Looked to be a nice pistol, none the less though.

Comment

Re: Saw my first Grand Power P11 Mk 12 today.

I carried the P11 Mk12 for a year before migrating to the Thunder 380 Plus.

Both DA and SA pulls are extremely nice. As the gun wears in (I've shot maybe 1200 rounds through it so far), the DA gets smoother. The DA pull is definitely lighter than any Bersa's, too. It is stupid easy to be accurate with follow-on shots with this gun because the rotating barrel redirects the recoil (there's less muzzle flip but there is some torquing). The sights' dots are small enough to where you can be extremely accurate with this firearm.

The only reason I'm not still carrying the P11 is because it acts funny as it gets dirty. The parts where the barrel rotates (on the barrel and frame) gets dirty and eventually gums things up to the point where the gun fails to return to battery. In these cases, the gun will still fire but will revert to DA mode when it does. The gun also has tight tolerances, so it will not like sand/mud or even excess carbon build-up. It will choke on out-of-spec ammo too (whereas a Glock or CZ will just eat the ammo). All of this may be OK for some folk since you can mitigate the majority of it by 1) keeping the gun clean when not at the range; 2) don't treat it like a Glock/CZ by insisting that it has to be in the trenches; 3) buy quality ammo or at least test SD ammo before carrying it.

It is a good firearm. I did have instances of the gun still having battery failures even when the gun was cleaned and oiled, where the issue occurred on the first or second round of a range session. That is why I decided to move to something else...can't have it doing that if I'm in a SD situation.

Comment

Working...
      X