Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"New" Llama?

Eagle Imports’ Llama Pistols
    Eagle Imports is reviving the Llama line of budget-friendly 1911-style pistols.
    Originally manufactured in Spain before Llama went out of business in the early
    1990s, the new pistols will be manufactured and hand-fitted in the Philippines by
    the same gunsmiths that produce Eagle's American Classic and MAC 1911 pistol lines.

New Llama pistols will include the Llama Max chambered in .45 ACP and the diminutive
    Micro Max .380 ACP with both pistols featuring a Parkerized finish,
    fixed sights and hardwood grip panels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	05_eagle_imp_llama_01s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	605204
    Well Armed Christian Soldier!

Re: "New" Llama?

Been waiting quite a while for them now.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Might be interested in the .45, depending on the price.

Comment

My Micromax 380 has a set of Ecuadorian Aviator's wings engraved on the right side of the slide. So I know it was made in 1997. I also got a magazine from R.I.A. for their "Baby Rock" and it fits perfectly. I'm waiting for the Llama to come out so I can get one of the triggers you see that has been opened up.. Mine is a slab trigger and would look nice like your picture. I think I would hold off on the Llama max. Looks like the grips are bored for the screws just like the original Llama 45's were. They are not a true 1911, just slightly off so nothing will fit right.

Bill
        W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
        NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Thank you!

I'm afraid they had the bad idea to copy the Especial's grip angle for the little one...

Comment

I think it's a big mistake re using such a tainted name. Those early Lamas were total junk and people still pucker up when they hear that name.. It would be like calling a new car line the Edsel..

or or like calling a new President "Clinton"..

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
              I think it's a big mistake re using such a tainted name. Those early Lamas were total junk and people still pucker up when they hear that name.. It would be like calling a new car line the Edsel..

OH, I liked what you did there................................
              W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
              NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Sneak peek at a New Llama! Everyone will want one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Baby Llama.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	599774

Comment

The new model is called the "DALAI"
                  In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017
                  sigpic

Comment

That was my first thought when it was first announced they were using the name. I was shouted down at the time, we'll see how well it works out. I think the guns will be just fine being made by Metro but they're gonna sit in warehouses, at least at first.

Stoopid phone.
                    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Well, I think the junk was mostly produced with the Max name by Fabrinor (they also made the original Firestorm).

As long as it doesn't kill the venture, you should benefit by knowing which ones to pick. I don't see them being sold at a decent price in Canada if they ever reach us.

Comment

I'll be happy just to take a look at them. I've not been impressed with a number of new pistols that recently hit the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Retired LEO
                        NRA Member

Comment

Good idea; I'll be happy to test them (blink!blink!).

Comment

what he said!

Comment

If any one gets to test one be ME . After all its my board
                              Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Working...
                              X