Grips for the new Metroarms Llama Micro-Max 380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grips for the new Metroarms Llama Micro-Max 380

Finding nice grips for the new Metroarms Llama Micro-Max 380 can be a pain in the keester. There are lots of grips out there that say they are for "the Llama Micromax 380". They will not fit the new Metroarms Micro-Max! Here is the only place I have found that does offer grips specifically for it. https://4sgrips.com/page15.html Watch the site. Grip offerings come and go. The two sets I bought are no longer there.

Man, those stabilized walnut burl are some good looking grips. Are you sure they won't fit my original Spanish made Micromax 380?
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
      Man, those stabilized walnut burl are some good looking grips. Are you sure they won't fit my original Spanish made Micromax 380?
      You can send them an email inquiry I really don't know for sure, but since the Philippine Micro-Max grips are on a page all for themselves, I doubt it.

Comment

DURAGRIPS on Amazon is now offering grips for the Metroarms Micro-Max 380. I asked them if the stag grips on their site would fit the Metroarms gun and was told "No". But he bought the gun and just told me a moment ago that he had a set of stag grips all ready to go. He told me to just go to the site and place an order for a set of the non-metroarms grips that don't fit and that he would know it was me by my email address and send me the correct set. So don't you do that!!! Wait until his site actually says they are for the Metroarms Micro-Max.
        https://www.amazon.com/DURAGRIPS-Lla.../dp/B07G1XPWMK

Incidentally, I got my Metroarms Micro-Max today. It is notably smaller than my Bersa 380 Plus and has a trigger that puts my Bersa to shame. Taking it down is easy, but getting it back together takes a little persuasion. It's fiber optic front sight is really nice. I love it just as much as I do my Bersa!
        Last edited by jimku; 04-18-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

just curious, are the stock grips that bad that they need changing straight-away?

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Glisenti View Post
            just curious, are the stock grips that bad that they need changing straight-away?
            Some people can't leave anything alone, no matter what.
            I see people, mostly kids but not always, take perfect parts off cars to install garbage for the looks or perceived performance.
            I'm not against customizing or modifying, far from it. I tend to try and maximize what's there first however, and I gave up years ago on trading performance for appearance.
            "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Well, for me, black grips on a black gun are butt ugly. I also do NOT like checkered grips. For me, pretty smooth grips are far more "functional". If you like the stock grips, fine, they don't need changing. I don't care for the stock grips, so mine needed changing.

Here are the DURAGRIPS stag grips on my gun. I love 'em to death. These are slightly thicker and fill my hand better, so for me they are more functional and look 500% better. If Metroarms would have put some decent wood grips on the gun to start with, I most likely wouldn't have had to change them "no matter what". I hated the stock grips straight away and would never have even bought the gun unless I knew before I bought it that replacement grips were available. In early pre-availability pics of the gun, they did show them with wood grips, but when they became available in stores they had those ugly black things on them.

IMG_1621.JPGMICRO-MAX%20STAG%20GRIPS.JPG
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jimku; 04-21-2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Oh i understand the customize / personalize thing completely, my wheels are also spinning before the transaction is complete.

unfortunately many times the aftermarket quality, fit and performance are not as advertised and the original parts were all around better to begin with if they did look mundane and failed to set your 'loved one' apart from all the rest. the Stag looks great and you're happy so it's a beautiful day!

trying to think of how many in my drawers that i've not 'screwed' with, only one that comes to mind is the Hi-Power that i bought with a Hogue and replaced with factory wood. it's more of a collector investment piece so original carries the day on that one. my CZ-82 32NAA is not screwed with, not sure if there is another?

Comment

Well, maybe I am a certified SCREWball, since I tend to "screw" with just about everything I buy. I don't think I own a gun that I haven't "screwed" with ... different grips, adding tritium sights, polishing, adding scopes, and my 45 1911 has been "screwed" with by replacing all of the internal parts with the best from Wilson Combat, WC hammer, WC grip safety, WC barrel bushing, and professional tuning / trigger job, tritium sights. The difference all of that "screwing with" made to that gun is literally night and day. It is twice as accurate as it was, there is NO COMPARISON regarding the trigger pull. and it is utterly 100% reliable.

Comment

Working...
                  X