Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vito Glisenti
    replied
    what's supposed to retain the safety, a spring & detent in a groove?

does the detent have much pressure, is the groove / pocket deep enough?

sending it in may be a 1 way trip

Leave a comment:

• KennyE
    replied
    Originally posted by Po'boy 48 View Post
    I have a brand new Llama Micromax. After a few shots, the frame mounted safety and spring drops out. This has occurred on three subsequent trips to the range. I've been lucky to find the spring each time. I keep putting the parts back in place and like clockwork, it drops out.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated.
    Contact Metro Arms about it. That's a safety (ha!!) issue. They may know the fix. Or they may suggest it go in for warranty eval. They guys (and gal) at American Armory and Arsenal are great people. Hey, you might even call them, since they seem to be the official handlers of the warranty for the Metro Llama. Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Po'boy 48
    replied
    I have a brand new Llama Micromax. After a few shots, the frame mounted safety and spring drops out. This has occurred on three subsequent trips to the range. I've been lucky to find the spring each time. I keep putting the parts back in place and like clockwork, it drops out.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• KennyE
    replied
    Originally posted by Vito Glisenti View Post
    there's a very nice example on GB, several others https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853535553

i won't bid on it, i just grabbed a Beretta 81 in 7.65
    That is one fine looking pistola, right there. Haven't bid. But am watching.

Leave a comment:

• Vito Glisenti
    replied
    there's a very nice example on GB, several others https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853535553

i won't bid on it, i just grabbed a Beretta 81 in 7.65

Leave a comment:

• KennyE
    replied
    I have. It's nice. So is the Browning. A 1911 .380 isnt really why I got the MM, tho'. I was after an updated Llama MM. And it was great while it worked.

Leave a comment:

• Vito Glisenti
    replied
    have you looked at the baby Rock?

Leave a comment:

• KennyE
    replied
    Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
    KennyE, you know you don't have to leave and come back. We do discuss other things as evidence, I submit our "Hijacked Thread" and many others. In gact, we routinely solve unsolvable world problems. Wish you would stay and participate.

Bill
    True, again. Let me look around.

Leave a comment:

• R.Ph. 380
    replied
    KennyE, you know you don't have to leave and come back. We do discuss other things as evidence, I submit our "Hijacked Thread" and many others. In gact, we routinely solve unsolvable world problems. Wish you would stay and participate.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• KennyE
    replied
    Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
    If you really like the Micromax, there are still some of the Spanish Micromax 380's around. Check out gunbroker ond Georgia Arms. I got mine 5 years ago and have loved it. In addition, mine was produced for thr Ecuadorian Air Force and has the Ecuador Wings engraved in the frame.
    Could do that. In fact, the Spanish MM was what got me to looking at the Metro MM. My old fencing instructor let me shoot his Spanish Llama and I loved it. May look around for one. And if I find one, I'll be back ...

Leave a comment:

• R.Ph. 380
    replied
    If you really like the Micromax, there are still some of the Spanish Micromax 380's around. Check out gunbroker ond Georgia Arms. I got mine 5 years ago and have loved it. In addition, mine was produced for thr Ecuadorian Air Force and has the Ecuador Wings engraved in the frame.

Leave a comment:

• KennyE
    started a topic Had to say Goodbye to my Micromax

Had to say Goodbye to my Micromax

Had some reliability issues with the Micromax. No matter what, it would stovepipe the last round. Or not feed one at all. That was with every type of ammo we could find at the range. That said magazine to me. On Metro's advice I sent it in for warranty work. From 10/22 to 12/30 the word was:

1. Waiting on new magazines (which would have been WooHoo! for me)
    2. Waiting on instructions from Metro on how to fix these things.
    3. We can't fix this thing. It's unreliable. We're keeping your gun. You can have a refund, a Llama .45 or an American Classic.

Well, I don't want an unreliable gun intended for carry. So, I watched a bazillion vids and reviews on both the Llama .45 and the AC. Decided on the $$s back. Will just start over with something else. Bummed because I really liked that pistola. Was easy in the hands, hid inside my fat waistline like it wasn't even there. And, just looked cooler than all get out.

On the day I was advised I wasn't getting my pistol back (I probably could have gotten it back if I'd insisted), they had processed 4 others in front of my phone call. Had some nice discussions about the Micromax, known issues, fixed and unfixed. The people fixing these things are great to talk to. Just thought I'd throw that in. They were working on Metro's direction. So, I'm Llama-less at the moment. Maybe in a few years when they fix these things, or they hit the used market I'll try again.
Working...
X