New Metro Arms Bobcat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Metro Arms Bobcat?

I think thats an excellent Idea GS.. A big +1 from me.

Comment

Why not honor the city where it is made Parañaque, Call it the Metro model "Parañaque" Bobtail Commander. Why do I say the city where it is made is appropriate for this .45acp? well the name translation broken down means "Stop Now, Boy"

How nice is that!

The name "Parañaque" is derived from the phrase "para na aque", which was commonly used in the past when people wished to disembark from kalesas (horse-drawn carriages). The phrase literally means "stop now, boy": "para" from the Spanish parar (to stop), "na" from the Tagalog word for "now" or "already," and "aque" from the Tagalog word for boy, lalaki". An alternative meaning of "para na aque" could be "stop here," with "aque" being derived from the Spanish aquí ("here"). The phrase "para na aque" was used so often that it eventually evolved into a term pertaining to a place, thus, Parañaque.
      In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017
      sigpic

Comment

Well, since Mason buttered me up, I reflected upon our great generals who served in the Philippines:

Pershing--John J. served with the the 1st and later the 15th Calvary Divisions during and after the Filippino insurrection.

MacArthur--This guy may be a little bit more palatable to the Filippino's taste, since he helped to run the Nips out. I wouldn't call the pistol the "Big Mac" though.
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Apologize for going off track but the mention of the Philippines and Japanese during WWII remined me of the time spent at Subic Bay in the early 70's. Several of us from the Gompers (AD-37) took a trip to another part of the island and found a wrecked Japanese stronghold. Had a watch tower and concrete bunker set up near the shore line. We carefully climbed the tower since it was rusty and rickity as hell and to this day I kick myself for not having a camera with me. I remember the bunker was overgrown from the jungle but still was able to go inside and look around. Low ceilings and damp.
          "Deus vult!"

NRA Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
            That is a CBOB
            I'm holding out for a CCO.

Bronson
            Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Bronson View Post
              I'm holding out for a CCO.

Bronson
              Damn you ...
              In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017
              sigpic

Comment

I was holding out for a CCO but fate placed a Sig C3 in my hands. Haven't shot it yet though. Hopefully soon, with a little luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
                  I was holding out for a CCO but fate placed a Sig C3 in my hands.
                  Just to clarify...when I say CCO I just mean an officers frame with a Commander slide. It could be by any maker, not just Dan Wesson. In fact I'd love for Metro to make one. I've looked at the C3 in our LGS and liked it but didn't like the price tag that went along with it.

Bronson
                  Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                  X