Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member and New MAC Bullseye

Hello all,
    I'm new to the forum and hoping to find some answers to a few questions about my Bullseye 6" Long Slide.
    I bought it with the intention of setting it up to run the 45 Super and 450 SMC for hunting.
    I'd like to get a fiber optic front sight for it, does anyone know what the front sight dovetail is? Novak maybe?
    How about the hardness of the 4140 steel used in this 1911? It's recommended for a 36 to safely handle the 45 Super.
    Finally, what are the # ratings for the factory main spring and recoil spring.
    Wolff sells recoil springs for long slides but doesn't rate the # because of possible custom fitting. If the Bullseye has at least 3" of full recoil space, then the springs wouldn't need to be cut.
    Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Since I don't have one of these beauties, the only thing I can help you with is your "Hello all." Welcome to Bersa Chat, BRASF0311.

But don't despair just yet....we've got folks here who can either handle all of your questions, point you in the right direction or just snow you with useless information.

Thanks for your interest in Bersa Chat and MAC pistols.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Welcome to the forum BRASFO31. I also have to plead ignorant of the MAC series of pistols. You may need to contact the importer, Eagle Imports.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome to the fold. Lots of good information on just about anything regarding guns, "or anything else" whether you want it or not.
        TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have placed an order for a new set of G10 grips, Hiviz novak cut fiber optic front sight, springs (main / firing pin / recoil) and an EGW firing pin stop. I also ordered some Underwood 255gr. Hard cast 45 Super ammo. Can't wait to get it all set up and ready for hunting season this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by BRASF0311 View Post
            Can't wait to get it all set up and ready for hunting season this fall.
            What are you going after with it?
            "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post

What are you going after with it?
              I hunt for deer and if a black bear presents itself, I'll take them too.
              Most of the deer in my area only weigh between 100 and 130 pounds, so the 45 Super with 255 gr. hard cast bullets moving around 1100 fps, will have no trouble with a complete pass through.

Comment

Here is the info I got from Eagle Imports;

My Bullseye was made February 2014.

The measurements for the dovetailed front sight are as follows: Front sight = 0.330 x 65 deg. (0.070 .001 (depth) **NOVAK Cut**
                The hardness of the slide is 38-42 Rockwell C. We (Eagle Imports) do not have information on what the hardness is for the frame: all that we have is that it is forged 41/40 steel.

The Bullseye uses a 20# Recoil spring, a 23# Hammer Spring, and a Standard Firing Pin Spring. Yes, the gun is rated for +P ammo, but this will increase wear and you should make any adjustments to the firearm that are needed to maintain it's safety and reliability.

I'm getting in some of my orders for all the upgrades and ammo. It's coming together.
                Last edited by BRASF0311; 07-27-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X