This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Medal authorized...

Do recipients unlock an achievement on X-Box Live?

Comment

Re: New Medal authorized...

To be honest I don't see much difference in the Cold War medals. I served from 58-61 active - then 61-64 in the active reserves. I am eligible for the NDSM and KDSN, I refused to apply for them simply because I feel they are Medals for showing up and doing nothing more. Several years ago, my 6 and my kids got all the necessary G-2 from my DD-214 and filed for the two medals. They gave them to me, framed, for my birthday. They are now hanging on my "I Love Me" wall. But I still don't feel they are deserved medals.
      TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

I saw this article via email the other day. It reinforces the point that a lot of us GI's are making, which is that this new medal has its rank order really far off. http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...ed-bronze-star

I've gotten to the point anymore where, if a person has a BS, but it doesn't have a valor device, it means sh*t. Pretty sad, but that's where I'm at, especially after this:

"...Tech. Sgt. Christina Gamez, a financial analyst with the 802nd Comptroller Squadron who received the Bronze Star on March 14 at Joint Base San Antonio.

“Gamez distinguished herself by meritorious achievement as the [noncommissioned officer] in charge during a 365-day deployment, January 2011 to January 2012,” the story said. “While in Afghanistan, she accurately executed operational funds across eight remote bases, providing commanders with flexibility in support of counterinsurgency efforts. Gamez trained 68 operational fund teams, reviewed 34 projects and funded 280 joint acquisition board packages enabling critical base sustainment.”"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        "We fight not to enslave, but to set a country free, and leave room upon the earth, for honest men to live in". Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X