Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINAL REPORT ON MY NEPHEW'S DEATH IN AFGHANISTAN...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FINAL REPORT ON MY NEPHEW'S DEATH IN AFGHANISTAN...

Originally posted by SC Dave View Post
    TB, I know the pain will never go away but I hope having this information helps.
    well, we knew he fell out of a chopper but not all the details. we knew he held fire the first trip because of the kids around the shooter.

all the marines i've talked to, both current & former, said he should have blown up the shooter & the future terrorists. i guess he just wasn't able to make himself do that.

TB
    Trying to use fact & logic to sway the opinion of someone with an agenda is a complete waste of time & energy.

Comment

You have my deepest condolences, TB. I hope that you are able to get some closure from the information contained in the final report.

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
      Thanks for the update. I have to agree the aircraft commander (Pilot) is responsible for his aircraft and crew. "The heat of the moment" doesn't give you the right to save your A$$ over the possible loss of souls under your command. (I have the credentials to make that statement) I respect the fact the military after the investigation re-wrote the manual.
      I was wondering about that, RC. I believe that to be a true expectation of maritime captains and assumed that it was a "code of honor" for the captains of all types of vessels. During my duties as First Mate on the touring vessel, I worked with three different captains. There was one under whom I refused to work because he would ask the crew to do things which I considered to be dangerous and that he would not do himself. I think a good captain has himself been in his crews' shoes before and believe that he or she intentionally puts himself in their shoes mentally when making decisions....
      There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Bersa Chat Zone!

Comment

Hey TB, I read this post of yours early this afternoon. Man, what a story! Thanks for sharing this bittersweet news on the final report.
        “Big bullets let in a lot of air and let out a lot of blood.”
        -
        Elmer Keith

Comment

Working...
        X