Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINAL REPORT ON MY NEPHEW'S DEATH IN AFGHANISTAN...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINAL REPORT ON MY NEPHEW'S DEATH IN AFGHANISTAN...

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/arti...ll-from-Osprey

this is the first time i've seen the final version of what happened. a host of circumstances in a tense situation all happening at once.

what a shame.

TB
    Trying to use fact & logic to sway the opinion of someone with an agenda is a complete waste of time & energy.

Re: FINAL REPORT ON MY NEPHEW'S DEATH IN AFGHANISTAN...

My condolences TB. Sorry for your loss.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Very sad indeed....
      sigpic

Tony P Crochet

You can't say that here !!!

Comment

Wow! I'm so sorry. It sounds like your nephew was a soldier's, soldier. God Bless him.
        Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
        Ayn Rand

Comment

Another one of those FUBAR situations that happens so often in armed conflict. Your nephew was a dedicated, valiant Marine who just happened to be caught in the fog of war. It's somewhat comforting to know that his death led to definite changes in procedures which could save the lives of future Marines.
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

My sincerest condolences as well.
            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thanks for the update. I have to agree the aircraft commander (Pilot) is responsible for his aircraft and crew. "The heat of the moment" doesn't give you the right to save your A$$ over the possible loss of souls under your command. (I have the credentials to make that statement)
              Relatively inexperienced aircraft commander and co-pilot who were unable to slow things down in the "heat of the moment."
              I respect the fact the military after the investigation re-wrote the manual.
              investigators recommended revising the MV-22 Naval Air Training and Operating Procedures Standardization manual and standard operating procedures to include a formal challenge and response between the pilot and crew chiefs to ensure crew, cargo and passengers are ready for take-off.
              Trailblazer your Nephew served his Country with honor. God bless him and all the others who have lost their lives in military service to this Country.

You know my personal political feelings about Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
              In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                Thanks for the update. I have to agree the aircraft commander (Pilot) is responsible for his aircraft and crew. "The heat of the moment" doesn't give you the right to save your A$$ over the possible loss of souls under your command. (I have the credentials to make that statement) I respect the fact the military after the investigation re-wrote the manual.

Trailblazer your Nephew served his Country with honor. God bless him and all the others who have lost their lives in military service to this Country.

You know my personal political feelings about Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
                thank you all,

july 7th, 2011 was a truly sad day for our family. unfortunately, we are not alone. there are several thousand other families with the same grief.

TB
                Trying to use fact & logic to sway the opinion of someone with an agenda is a complete waste of time & energy.

Comment

What a horrible situation for all involved.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. All the while my grandson was over their ,it was day to day worry.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Come to the edge," he said.
                    "We can't, we're afraid!" they responded.
                    "Come to the edge," he said.
                    "We can't, We will fall!" they responded.
                    "Come to the edge," he said.
                    And so they came.
                    And he pushed them.
                    And they flew.”

Comment

Condolences are never enough when one so young dies. I loat a nephew in the conflict a couple of years ago. At least you got the facts. We never did.
                      Retired and hunkering in.

Comment

Most people don't understand what a perilous job Chopper crewmembers have. Tragic loss of a young Warrior's life. Sincere condolences.
                        TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

TB, I know the pain will never go away but I hope having this information helps.
                          Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Condolences for your loss. I hope that knowing the details will help.
                            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by Eliminator View Post
                              Condolences are never enough when one so young dies. I loat a nephew in the conflict a couple of years ago. At least you got the facts. We never did.
                              sorry to hear that, Elim. it never gets any easier. everytime i see my niece & the three kids i'm at a loss for words.

TB

Comment

Working...
                              X