AFVN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFVN

A radio station in NW Florida is currently playing old recordings from the Armed Forces Vietnam Network for several hours in the afternoons, I think from 1500hrs to ??? CST. Pretty interesting stuff...

Listen Live-1330AM WEBY Internet Broadcast

Re: AFVN

I tuned in....it was a talk show. I'll keep the link and check other times. Music was a beautiful thing back in the 60's.....especially for those who found themselves between a rock and a hard spot.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Yeah I think it must have ended at 1800hrs. Now it's the FSU coach Jimbo Fisher call-in show.

They had SP4 Pat Sajak as the DJ yesterday.

Comment

I don't know what tunes were big in 'Nam, but on the beach in the Philippines all I heard was "Judy in Disguise."
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
          I don't know what tunes were big in 'Nam, but on the beach in the Philippines all I heard was "Judy in Disguise."

Hah!........"Lucy in the Sky"?......maybe.......they sung it like they heard it......... too much Tanduay rum?
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

On reel to reel I have I think was 1971 afternoon in to past midnight New Years eve recorded. Now if my tape play worked I could listen on my Pioneer 88 speakers .They still work
            Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

"AFVN, The GI's Companion". It's on now.

Comment

I was out most of the day today.....but tomorrow I'll catch it......1500-1800hrs.

Might need a couple 6-pks of that old 33 beer, or San Miguels!!!
                Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

AFVN is playing now....................

Edit: I can pick this up in my car.....so its close to me. Its broadcast from Milton FL.

Edit 2: Tonight was the last program......thank you Oysterman........
                  Last edited by brojohn; 10-30-2015, 06:04 PM.
                  Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you old men remember that . Only time I had a ND with my rifle . Some day I will tell rest of the story.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Working...
                    X