Calm During the Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calm During the Storm

The Princess and I have been staying mostly at home for the last five days or so. She's high risk with a lower immune system and other problems. It's pretty quiet in our town, but aside from big gaps in the TP, cleaner and butter shelves at the grocery stores, we've seen little evidence of panic. The doctors have canceled all of the Princess' appointments and I happened to finagle a last-minute tooth filling, but we're pretty comfortable, thank God. We spent yesterday cleaning out the garage to provide room for reloading.

Trusting in Jesus does make a big difference, from what I've seen in the media. No reason to panic or even worry. I can only wonder how they'll react to the next seemingly big thing that comes to visit the country and the world.

2 Tim. 1:7--"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." Two thousand years and counting, we see this still holding true today.
    Last edited by gun sane; 03-21-2020, 04:47 PM.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Yup, our church services cancelled here, so I'm about to have a Scripture reading with my wife and kids. But tomorrow, God willing, my son and I are taking rifles and pistols to the outdoor public range.

Every mortal has a certain fear of death always present in the back of his mind when it is not in the front. But Jesus rescues us from slavery to the fear of death. If we live, we live to the Lord. If we die, we die to the Lord. So whether we live or die--we belong to Him. Everything is alright because ultimately, nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ.

Comment

We live through Faith. Our faith in the Lord gives us life. Remember fear is actually faith in the devil. When you fear you are actually professing faith in the power of the evil one to thwart His plan for us.

W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
      NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

Perfect love drives out fear. God's love is perfect.

Comment

Amen and Amen! We typically keep up with the news but I'm essentially avoiding it at the moment. If you read all the doom and gloom that is being reported you'd feel like jumping off a bridge. So here are a few additional reminders for us.....

Proverbs 12:25

25 Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression,
          But a good word makes it glad.

and then of course......

Psalm 23:4

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
          I will fear no evil;
          For You are with me;
          Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
          We are just concentrating on our family at the moment and thankful the Lord has blessed us. Take care and be not worried.

God Bless,
          Ralph

Comment

Working...
          X