A Blasphemous Prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Blasphemous Prayer

I'm starting this discussion as our rules stipulate that religious topics should be placed in this forum. However, I want to reference a thread in the Political Forum by groberts, "Amen and Awomen" which focuses primarily on gender distinctions.

https://bersachat.com/forums/forum/g...men-and-awomen

Saying "Amen and awomen" is not the biggest no-no a sinner might commit, but calling the One True God by a pagan name certainly tops the list of violations of the Ten Commandments, which states, "“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. “You shall have no other gods before Me." (Exo. 20:2-3).

So, Emanuel Cleaver's prayer--given that he is a pastor and should know better--is particularly blasphemous in that he attributed Brahma--a Hindu god--as the eternal God and "creator of the world and everything in it." Hinduism teaches that Brahma is but one of thousands of gods and not, as Cleaver calls him, "the monotheistic god." He also said that this god has many different names in many different faiths.

I don't pretend to be an expert, but I can certainly understand Scripture written in simple form. Standing in the seat of a nation's government and calling upon a false god does not invite blessings from the only God who lives and is called, "the I AM". Another ruler tried to take glory from Him and ended up getting eaten by worms (Acts 12:21-23).

This blasphemy is primary evidence of the extent of decay that this nation has reached and unless the true Church begins to earnestly pray for repentance and renewal, we are in for a very rough and terrible experience. Jesus Christ is willing to forgive all sin, but we have to be aware of the dangerous state our nation is in and humbly ask for mercy.

Last edited by gun sane; 01-04-2021, 04:44 PM.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

They don't believe in prayer any more than they believe in their oath of office. We should not be surprised, although, disgusted.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Phony preachers are very easy for many of us to spot......but unfortunately most of the sheep are lost- so they do not know the difference between the truth and the lie when they hear it.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
      X