Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weed eater one gears don't stay engage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    weed eater one gears don't stay engage

    I have a weed eater 1 riding lawn mower Model number we261. When you shift gears into any of the forward gears, the gears stay engaged only momentarily, then start to grind as the mower tries to move forward. Everything is ok in reverse. Any ideas as to what's going on?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Nozetow; 05-13-2019, 12:31 AM.

    #2
    Maybe turn the seat around so revrese is forward. Would right and left still be the same or reversed?. Along that line would. The speed controls be backward. More gas to slow down oor maybe brake to accelerate. Man your mower is scredwed up........

    On the other hand I do know a little about handguns, but maybe I'll hold off until I'm asked.
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
      Maybe turn the seat around so revrese is forward. Would right and left still be the same or reversed?. Along that line would. The speed controls be backward. More gas to slow down oor maybe brake to accelerate. Man your mower is scredwed up........

      On the other hand I do know a little about handguns, but maybe I'll hold off until I'm asked.
      Hey, I was told I was in charge of smartassery around here! Stay in your lane buddy!
      "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

      Comment


        #4
        Being a gun forum, don't know if we can be of much help. As you can see, we got a couple of wise guy members just bursting with info. First thing I see wrong with it, is it's a Sears thing! Best to replace it.


        Here's a website I found that might help. On one question, it mentions a drive belt. That'd be my first bet.

        https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mod...SAAEgIr1PD_BwE
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

        Certified Armed Infidel

        Right Wing Extremist

        Comment


          #5
          Honestly lawn mower questions may be of use here. First it is important to know if you voted for Hillary Clinton on the last election. This helps us guide you to the correct way for us to help solve your lawn mower problem. It beats reversing the seat.

          Sent from the mothership.

          In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

          Comment


            #6
            Your mower has declared its candidacy for the Democratic nomination. It is trained for something beneficial and useful, but chokes when forward movement is required and only seems to work a little when backing up.



            You are the one that came to a gun forum to ask this.......


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Walk a mile in my shoes, and you will be at the range.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Marty8613 View Post
              Your mower has declared its candidacy for the Democratic nomination. It is trained for something beneficial and useful, but chokes when forward movement is required and only seems to work a little when backing up.



              You are the one that came to a gun forum to ask this.......


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              However, this fine new BC member did post in the Gardening forum. So +1 in my book

              As for advice on the gear issue, I would need to lay eyes on it to give you any valuable tips.

              In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

              Comment


                #8


                Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
                As for advice on the gear issue, I would need to lay eyes on it to give you any valuable tips.
                All smartassery aside, I DO manage a transmission shop and what Tux says is absolutely accurate. I have no idea how a Weed Eater tractor is configured, even if I did a remote diagnosis is dodgy at best.

                "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'd help but I didn't even know Weed Eater made a tractor. I see you posted under Ragan on the lawn mower forum but they didn't have an answer either. I was searching for an answer for you when I saw your post. I did see another man point to the transaxel. The thread can be found below.

                  https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showt...ater-One-WE261


                  Sent from the mothership.



                  In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It might help if we know where you live. By the laws in the western states, anything can happen. I mean, maybe your mower ran over some locoweed.
                    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X