High On The Hog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High On The Hog

Rib portions cut high on the hog. A long time ago my butcher would cut me some St. Lewis rib portions. These are the best part of the St.Lewis style ribs. When you see prepackaged cheap cuts like Smithfield (RUN). Well, I had a Honey-do run to Costco low and behold they had fresh cut St. Louis portions. These show the bigger round bone with better quality meat. Not cheap at $2.89 per pound I left with a tag of $37.

On these, I changed my standard rub and smoke with a marinade made with half a bottle of Olive Garden's Italian salad dressing, then sprinkled with Bourbon Brown sugar seasoning and bagged overnight in the refrigerator.

I didn't want a strong smoke so I went with Northern Red Oak 225 degrees for 4h.45min.

Family and a neighbor gave me a 10+ I'll have to say I haven't made high-quality ribs like these since I was a competitor on the Florida BBQ circuit.

Photos to follow below.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Dat be looking good bro.......
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Yuuuuum. That gets a like
      W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
      NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Dad didn't fool you when he said these are great. Mom ate so much she couldnt help dad walk his dog. We are going to have them tonight with seasoned fried corn.

Comment

Working...
        X