RC's Food back up kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC's Food back up kit

I keep about a months worth of everyday supplies, caned, packaged, MRE's but that is just for short outages, hurricanes and the such.

After that we go to what I call simple existence rations of super foods. Super Foods? here goes.

I have one 35 gallon drum with about 100 pounds of rice double plastic liners with a lid in the back room, Yes, rice is a super food.

Next I have five bags of my work out protein that I call my super food powder. I use vanilla only. 375 individual servings (60 days for the three of us)

The recipe is 1/4 cup of rice to one scoop of my super powder. This stuff isn't wasted because I go through one bag a month now and replace the back room stock with a new bag each month.

Cost: Costco $45 a bag five bags =$225 Rice stock about $20.00 for a total of $245

This breaks down to $4.08 a day for the three of us at two servings per day, two months supply, $1.36 per person (two servings)

This combination packs a nutritional punch that will keep you going easy for two months.

Yes I tested it for two days and was surprised on how I felt, and my stamina was great.

So don't go spending the big bucks on those SHTF packaged products when this delivers everything your body needs.

This is my back up food supply if we need to go long term. Past 60 days I'm screwed, building a bigger supply is easy but if we go 60 days and still the fan is generating $hit then every gun in town would be aimed at the target on my back. I guess I would just deplete my ammo supply and charge with my sword...

.....................No food needed the next day...........................
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Re: RC's Food back up kit

The only fault in that plan is "food fatigue". You stand a good chance of going without because after two weeks you won't be able to stand the sight of the stuff.
    What you have is excellent, especially the rice. All I would do is add some different ways to prepare and flavor your rice staple.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Rice and beans, the staple of Latin America! Many ways to flavor it, garlic powder onions, etc.
      Certified Armed Infidel
      كافر

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
        The only fault in that plan is "food fatigue". You stand a good chance of going without because after two weeks you won't be able to stand the sight of the stuff.
        What you have is excellent, especially the rice. All I would do is add some different ways to prepare and flavor your rice staple.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
        PHM knowing how you love your food and you know I do too, food fatigue is a problem.

When you're starving and there's no bacon and filet mignon sitting on the table you will eat almost anything. To me rations are just that...survival not unlike the recent Nepal earthquake.

Comment

Longterm storage tvp is another good storage item which can really help bulk up and help diversify simple foods like rice, beans and potaoes.

http://www.thrivelife.com/beef-tvp-1.html
          Last edited by lee1959; 07-12-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Lets see Wok very handy to cook in when no power . Rice , bowls and chop sticks Good survival kit. Now replace car with a rickshaw Draw short chop stick to see who pulls. Yep RC almost ready needs the coolie hat , Black PJ and tire sandals. He be right at home. xin loi
            Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

MT, you must have spent too much time in Tiger Cage next to John McCain!

Forgive me, guys; that's not really anything to joke about.

As long as I have spices and almost anything to go with it, I would never get tired of rice.

Comment

I have all the power and water sources off the grid I need. I have enough dry oak to make you MT a VC Charlie chop chop.

And YES I can eat soup with chop stick.

Comment

...and here I was hoping to find the back up was when the smoker took a dump. You know, something like grilled 1/2 pound burgers.
                  Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
                  Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post

Got any curds to go with that, Miss Muffet? ..................
                    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

The problem is rice can turn rancid pretty quick, and the funny part of it is white rice, which has less nutrition lasts longer.

Comment

Rice and protein can also block you up pretty quickly. Gotta have something to keep you moving smoothly.
                        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by groberts View Post
                          Rice and protein can also block you up pretty quickly. Gotta have something to keep you moving smoothly.
                          Agreed, but I am armed with door busters..

Comment

Ohhhh k, not sure I wanted to know that...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                              Agreed, but I am armed with door busters..

That'll definitely work.
                              Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                              X