Searched for 3 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searched for 3 Years

I've been looking for 3 years for a kit that would allow me to add capability to my generator to use all three, gasoline, propane and natural gas. Found it today after calling US Carburation. They make a kit called "Motor Snorkel" which will do just that. It has an adapter gasket with an inlet tube, a regulator, and connecting tubing to add the capability. I will have several hundred gallon backup of propane containers, some gasoline, and have the gas company install a stub to the back yard to allow me to use what I want with my generator.

I like my Powerhouse 9000 generator, but it is very hard to find out just what accessories are available for it outside of Northern Tool proprietary brands. For anyone still looking for this, here's a link:

http://www.motorsnorkel.com/motor-sn..._campaign=ar15

Bill

W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Re: Searched for 3 Years

Diligence pays off. Good info.

Comment

Thanks. I will look into this for mine...thanks again!

Comment

I have thought about the Nat gas in the past as opposed to gasoline.
        No storage involved, and its available even during the storm.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thanks so much. Excellent idea. Gas from the car, propane from the barbeque or a separate natural gas tank. Now if it still lived in winter hazard Connecticut or hurricane hazard Alabama instead of tornado hazard Oklahoma. Wait, tornado hazards. May need that generator after all.
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Bill, I did the conversation from them and posted a thread on Bersa Talk II.
            Easy to do and so far I just keep it on propane.

I have 4ea 100 pounders and 3 20 pounders to feed my genset. The portability is nice.
            In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Yeah, that portability and ease of storage is what I am after. Also, I have natural gas available, just got to get it stubbed out down in the storage yard, about 75 feet back down below. To levels of the back yard, one upper level with yard and patio; and kind of wild lower yard, tailing off to the creek other side of my fence 150 feet back there.
              NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

Outstanding, the US Carburetion "Motor Snorkel" works just as advertised. Took all of 30 minutes because I'm mostly fumble fingers, and my generator is now a tri-fuel generator. If I can get a plumber to stub a natural gas supply line out to the shed in the lower back yard, I can put this thing on the lowest cost fuel in the state of Texas. Runs fine on propane however and it's easy to stockpile. Outstanding product, easy to install and works as advertised.

Bill
                NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
                  Outstanding, the US Carburetion "Motor Snorkel" works just as advertised. Took all of 30 minutes because I'm mostly fumble fingers, and my generator is now a tri-fuel generator. If I can get a plumber to stub a natural gas supply line out to the shed in the lower back yard, I can put this thing on the lowest cost fuel in the state of Texas. Runs fine on propane however and it's easy to stockpile. Outstanding product, easy to install and works as advertised.

Bill
                  Any pics of the install?

Comment

Working...
                  X