Best handguns for Home defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best handguns for Home defence

Best handguns for home defense. Note: The link says 6 best, but the article says 11 ?
    http://guncarrier.com/the-6-best-han...-home-defense/
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Re: Best handguns for Home defence

Maybe the link subtracts the ridiculous ones like the governor, judge and desert eagle?

Comment

I am sure there are plenty of folks who would disagree with this article.........
      I counted 5 that might would fall into the "BEST" category, but IMHO the majority would not.

I will say +1 on the FNX......honestly I do not understand why this gun is not extremely popular. But
      for some reason it just did not sell well. The 9mm model weighs an amazing 22 oz, with a capacity of
      17+1. It has full length slide rails for a smooth easy shoot. I guess too many have fallen for "no safety,
      no hammer, no da/sa trigger BS?
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Maybe the link subtracts the ridiculous ones like the governor, judge and desert eagle?

good point!
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by brojohn View Post
          I will say +1 on the FNX......honestly I do not understand why this gun is not extremely popular. But
          for some reason it just did not sell well.
          I've heard that the grip beadwork is pretty aggressive. It's been known to chaff skin while carrying IWB without a t-shirt. Perhaps FNX targets the SWAT market who wear shooting gloves while working. And, at over $800, what will it do that a cheaper gun won't?
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Folks, I'm really sold on the Springfield Armory XD Mod2. (9+1) of pure 45acp and rests perfectly in a medium sized hand like mine. Even the Bersa UC 45 doesn't fit as well.
            W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
            NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Sometimes I get the feeling that these kinds of lists are made up folks that have never shot the weapons listed.
              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                Sometimes I get the feeling that these kinds of lists are made up folks that have never shot the weapons listed.

...........another good point.
                Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Some have argues that a pump shotgun is the best home defense weapon. However, no one suggests using slugs instead of buckshot for good reason - a miss means a round going into your neighbors home. It really has very little to do with shot pattern because a buckshot pattern inside a home is about the size of a fist. For that reason I also feel that anything large than a 9mm has to include the cost of the best attorney you can get. Yea a 45 is great for one on one on the street but inside the home is overkill in my opinion. I'm ducking down now.
                  Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Even a 22 miss means a likely round out of the house.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-14-rifles-shotguns-and-walls/

But the article was wrong anyway.
                    The best hand gun for homes defense - is the one in your hand!

The 22 story here...
                    http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-1-the-original-box-o-truth/
                    Or as Gomer woud say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise!"

Well Armed Christian Soldier!

Comment

best handgun for the home would be a SHOTGUN!
                      Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

One gun I was quite surprised with I checked out the other day was a Sig P320. I didn't get a chance to shoot it. But holy cow. It felt great and the trigger was awesome. Add in the night sights as well. Great gun and can change out the frame and slides

Comment

Anything as long as it's reliable.
                          Certified Armed Infidel
                          كافر

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            One gun I was quite surprised with I checked out the other day was a Sig P320. I didn't get a chance to shoot it. But holy cow. It felt great and the trigger was awesome. Add in the night sights as well. Great gun and can change out the frame and slides
                            To each their own I guess...............I had a Sig P220 in 45 cal. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the INSIDE! I sold it. I think they are very over rated. John take my word on this try a CZ P09 or P07! Trigger, action and accuracy are UNREAL DUDE and never a FTF of any kind!!! I'm now a CZ Junky!
                            Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

The P220 is different than the P230 (I know. I can't keep them all straight). I have a P227 that was gifted to me. I'm not the biggest fan of it. But I did like that P320. Again, I didn't shoot it. So I might not be able to hit the said barn either. But it felt good. But I will be sticking with my j-frame for my carry gun

Comment

Working...
                              X