Weather Alert Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Alert Radio

A friend just gifted me with a Midland WR120 that seems to fit the bill. It's fairly easy to program and sits inconspicuously behind the TV.....or conspicuously on a stand whenever my friend visits.

It passed an ops check but I won't know if it'll earn its keep until bad weather comes along.

https://www.amazon.com/Midland-Weath...attery+powered
    Last edited by gun sane; 06-27-2017, 07:56 PM.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Re: Weather Alert Radio

I had another version of a weather radio. I finally turned it off til I know the weather is getting within reasonable distance. Some days it was going off 10-12 times a day with warnings that had nothing to with my location. I see that one will program by county which is helpful, but I wish they would get down to zip code size areas. I live near the boundaries of 3 different counties and the warnings get very distracting. ....I still hate that my phone has to receive amber alerts for places 100s of miles away.
    Sorry looks back.
    Worry looks around.
    Faith looks up.

Comment

I use weatherbug and stormeye on my android.
      Weatherbug for general weather, then storm eye to see exactly where each cell is and where its going.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Oklahoma has tornado sirens. Until recently, however, when a warning came up for any part of the county then entire county's sirens went off. That changed late last to be more localized. Then they found that sometimes the siren often only gave someone about 2 minutes warning.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
          ... a Midland WR120 that seems to fit the bill.
          If you don't know yet...them things is very loud when they go off !!
          Michael T. 6/15/46 - 2/26/17 RIP+

Comment

Originally posted by russinator View Post
            If you don't know yet...them things is very loud when they go off !!
            Yep. When I tested it I got the every dog in the neighborhood howling.
            Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Working...
            X