Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Active Shooter Defenses

Originally posted by John View Post
    You're a little late for the hack. We already had our vote for moderator of the year
    Who won?
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Some Guy mitchr. I don't know him. Not very many posts

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/show...Moderator+year

Comment

All I know is, this place is loaded with ding bats.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I just could not follow the advice. Not that it isn't smart, but it goes against my developed nature after 30 years in the Marine Corps. I was at Bay of Pigs, Cuban Missile Crisis, four tours in Nam, Grenada invasion, and a few clandestine missions we never talk about. You can take the boy out of the Marines, but you cannot take the Marine out of the boy. Born to fight back.
          Last edited by richardw; 07-19-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum richardw, with a military background like yours. You know plan "A" in most cases doesn't work. You always went to B, C, and D, as a backup strategy. That's why we survive in combat.
            In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat richardw. Thank you for your service. Hang around & join in. You are among a good number of vets here.
              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                The hardest part of an active shooter situation. You move towards the sound of gun fire. You see 2 or 3 subjects with guns shooting. You have your gun. Which shooter is a bad guy? Which one is a good guy? Are they all bad guys? Will the good guys recognize you as a good guy or think you're an accomplice? Will the police know you're a good guy?
                It'll likely all be over but the bleeding by the time LE makes entry. At least most of the time that has been the case.
                Not a knock just human nature. Guys outside getting paid. Who will tell you to a man job one is getting back home alive. They aren't coming in before they have numbers, armor, tremendous advantage on their side period.
                Or armed citizens in the path of a maniac with likely a rifle. Who's gonna be more motivated.
                The first person at any crime is victim. Everytime.

Picking out the bgs? He or they will be the ones who are best armed [can pretty much rule out anyone holding a pocket rocket as the active shooter ] ,
                killing folks at random and who everyone else is running from. As things are now I doubt one will have a lot of trouble wading thru the armed resistors to get ones turn at the shooter.

Bigger worry not to get trampled by the sheep stampede.
                You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

Comment

Watching available video of most active shooter situations, one common thread in identifying the active shooter is he or she is the one walking bold as brass through the scene.

Everyone else is running, ducking, hiding, and looking over their shoulder.

I can see a major problem being the possibility of getting target fixation on the the first shooter, and not realizing there are multiple shooters, such as what happened with Joseph Cox at the Walmart in Las Vegas.

I salute all of you who would run to the danger, but my Plan A is getting my family and me to a defensible place of safety. If I can ID the shooter and safely make the stop en route, I'll take the shot. If I can provide cover to people caught in the mayhem as I get my family to safety, so much the better.

But I don't have the liability cover of a law enforcement officer, nor the training, nor the on-scene communications to let arriving LEOs and any other armed citizens know I'm not the bad guy

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                    Welcome to the forum richardw, with a military background like yours. You know plan "A" in most cases doesn't work. You always went to B, C, and D, as a backup strategy. That's why we survive in combat.
                    So true.

Once when I was a platoon sergeant in Nam, some replacements came on board. Briefing them on a soon to follow mission I presented the 'plan.' One of the new guys remarked that it sounded like a good plan. My reply was to for get about it because as soon as the first shot gets fire the 'plan' was in the s**t can. He came back with then what do we do? My answer: Kill the enemy.

In the Corps the word improvise is stressed at every level of training. The reason for that is abundantly clear to any combat vet.

Comment

Working...
                    X