Storing stuff ouside in the elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing stuff ouside in the elements

What do they make that can be stored outside in the elements for months-years. Water tight, animal proof, etc. Are steel or plastic drums the best option?

that is all

I've seen steel drums with band clamp lids used as caches for a few years at a time. I'm told the secret is to put them in a tree, not on or in the ground and they'll last a long time.
    It would depend entirely on what your objective is though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
      I've seen steel drums with band clamp lids used as caches for a few years at a time. I'm told the secret is to put them in a tree, not on or in the ground and they'll last a long time.
      It would depend entirely on what your objective is though.

The tree idea is very interesting.

that is all

Comment

Going to bury guns and ammo around?

Comment

Originally posted by stidgun View Post
          Going to bury guns and ammo around?
          No. But I own a 150 acres of woods and would like a few things out there. thinking about a primitive camp sight so I can walk my kids out with pretty much nothing and tell them we are camping the next 3 days with what we have. Fun dad stuff. They are 8-9 and have never slept in a tent, they think camping is satellite TV, showers, full kitchen, heat, a/c, power etc.. They are in the RV for 40-50 days a year. I can tell you its not I camped as a kid.... maybe a .22 so they can eat unseasoned squirrel on stick.... but not exactly a hidden cache for WWIII. I want to know if they will consider it torture or a good time after a few days.

that is all

Comment

Good plan Poke! I expect they will consider it torture but they will be building self confidence and skills that will serve them for the rest of their lives no matter what career path they follow.

Comment

I think that sounds like a great plan Poke.

"The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Well, it certainly would be a learning experience for them!

Comment

They may surprise you & have a blast. Some of the bests times of my youth was out camping, fishing & hunting with dad & family, even if eating badly cooked rabbit over an open fire.
                  Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                  X