SURVIVAL???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SURVIVAL???

Choose your poison. Suppose we are in a post apocalyptic situation because the sun suddenly burped and we had a CME hit dead center in the western hemisphere. The eastern hemisphere is damaged but still about half way operating. What 2 rifles of the following would you choose to bug-out with and why?
    22lr Semi Auto Rifle
    78.57%
    5.56 Semi Auto Rifle
    42.86%
    308 Semi Auto Rifle
    28.57%
    30-06 Semi Auto Rifle
    14.29%
    9mm Monkey Gun
    14.29%
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

22lr for survival hunting. I can carry several thousand rounds of 22lr. 308 carbine for family protection
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Definitely a 22LR. But where's the button for Creedence Clearwater CDs and 20 cases of AA batteries?
      Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

22 and 223(5.56) for me.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

22lr and 5.56
          Why?.... because I have lots of each.
          (3) Bersa Thunder .380's
          ≡≡≡1- Nickel Plated≡≡≡
          ≡≡≡≡2- Duo Tone ≡≡≡≡
          ≡≡≡3- Blued Deluxe≡≡≡
          <And a 9rd mag for each>

تناول المزيد من لحم الخنزير المقدد

Comment

.22 for hunting and .308 for protection
            Long story short, jab is a male.
            Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

22LR & .308 for me. Ammo availability for the one and the reach out and touch someone for the other. Neither of mine would be semi's even through I have those too. I'd grab my bolt guns. No mags to lose.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Sort of thought about it. 22LR for sure, have revolver and M&P15-22 SPORT (which I just love). Then also have .308 and 9 mm semi hand guns and while have a lot of ammo for each a lot more 9 mm around it seems. Then my two favorite bolt action guns that have put a lot of meat on the table, a .243 and a 7mm magnum. Interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

OK if a CME hit at apocalyptic strength we would be in $hits creek for sure. 5.56 because the only thing would be the two-legged type varmints. No game to shoot here in the asphalt jungle. I wouldn't want to live close to the north pole where the super high radiation would be due to the massive magnetosphere impulses. Bursa Chat would be down and not even TuxAir could fix it. OH, My!

So the 5.56 and a Faraday Cage built around my home would help. Dee Dee would use her .22LR
                  In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

No sweat ..... Rifle, and pistol = 22mag, As stated one can carry a "whole lot" more ammo.
                    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

I'm too old to "bug" so I'll just sit at home with what ever I can get my hands on the quickest. The 9mm Monkey gun is good for the 60 yds, or so, to the street & 1 each of .380, 9mm & .45acp pistols in easy reach.

'Course, to actually answer the OP, it'd probably be my Mod 60 & the monkey gun, as I don't have one of those evil black rifles.
                      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                        I'm too old to "bug" so I'll just sit at home with what ever I can get my hands on the quickest. The 9mm Monkey gun is good for the 60 yds, or so, to the street & 1 each of .380, 9mm & .45acp pistols in easy reach.

'Course, to actually answer the OP, it'd probably be my Mod 60 & the monkey gun, as I don't have one of those evil black rifles.
                        Amen to bugging in. Also yes on the Model 60's. I may or may not have EBR's. There was that boat incident a while back.
                        "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Why no shotguns on the list?
                          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

You're right, completely forgot about the shotgun!
                            NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Donít want that close if possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X