YOUR PREFERENCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOUR PREFERENCE

.223--5.56 rifle bore sighted and accurized. Which one type of optics do you prefer and why?
    Iron Sights
    10.00%
    Red Dot (the old BSA tube with lighted reticle)
    0%
    Reflex red dot
    50.00%
    Long Range 8 x 24 lighted cross hairs
    40.00%
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Unfortunately with growing cataracts and changing vision I had to give up using iron sights for anything past 25 yards. At 50 yards or more the target is just a blur, Using a scope allows me to compensate for that and see clearly.

Comment

I though went with the reflex red dot, primarily for what I would use the 5.56 for. CQB. Anything further, I would go for the 8x24
      NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Reflex red dot is what I use on my AR ... keeps weight down and quick target acquisition
        Long story short, jab is a male.
        Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Out of the choices I would go with a reflex. But my preference is for all my AR's to have iron sights set to balls on zero @ 200yards. Iron sights "Just Work".
          To me, optics simply aren’t as durable or useful as a good set of iron sights. Optics have their place, and combat grade optics are a totally different story.
          Last edited by TuxAir; 03-22-2019, 06:50 PM.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

I have a red dot on mine....I can barely see the target down range- need magnification.
            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I'm old school and I like my iron sights, but I do have my red dot co-witnessed with them.
              Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
              Ayn Rand

Comment

I love my meprolight m5 on my swat firearms 5.56 cowitnessed with iron sights with the meprolight tritium inserts. I can see the sights in a pitch black setting.
                “Fate whispered in the warriors ear.” You cannot weather the storm. “The warrior whispered back. I am the storm.”

Comment

5.56 is for long range. Shotgun is for close quarters.
                  Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Dang, forgot about the shotgun
                    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Working...
                    X