New Tip for Washing Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tip for Washing Hands

My neighbor, a longtime Bersa owner and shooting companion told me today and had me demonstrate the following tip. When your hands are extremely dirty/oily generally cruddy. Lather them up well and add 1 teaspoonful of used coffee grounds. The cleaning is phenominal! The grounds are abrasive like coarse Lava soap and contain enough oils that the skin does not dry excessively. Try it, it's actually great.

Bill
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Re: New Tip for Washing Hands

I've washed my hands with dirt, sand etc before for that reason. The abrasive action is what works. Final rinse with soap removes the easy grime. I never thought of using coffee grounds. We gather a lot of grounds but we toss them in the flower beds and mulch pile or use them to clean out the garbage disposal.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Do not put coffee grounds in your garbage disposal!!

Comment

Originally posted by stidgun View Post
        Do not put coffee grounds in your garbage disposal!!
        Why? I've been doing it every day for years with no repercussions.
        "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Why not? Been doing it forever. Never had a problem. I've scoped my pipes twice before to find breaks from tree roots and never saw clogged or damaged pipes. Sometimes I followup coffee grounds with citrus peels for that fruity fresh. smell. When it's really in need of a good cleaning, I use ice cubes.

Comment

Wait!... This isn't some "green" thing you are talking about is it? Not putting grounds down the disposal?

Comment

Never EVER put coffe grounds in the disposal..... Ground is past tense for grind... You can't grind grounds cuz grounds have already been grinded.. If you try to grind grounds it will mess up the time warp continum big time and befor you know it Mason will start making sence and MT will go soft and AG will get crankie and PH will be nice and RC will move to California..... Never grind grounds...
              Last edited by Mason; 04-23-2010, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Crystal clear Mason. Thank you for the thorough explanation and the dangers to all mankind! I shall stop grinding already grinded ground grinds immediately.

Comment

Man Mason what would we ever do without you...well on the other hand I have four fingers.
                  In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
                    Never EVER put coffe grounds in the disposal..... Ground is past tense for grind... You can't grind grounds cuz grounds have already been grinded.. If you try to grind grounds it will mess up the time warp continum big time and befor you know it Mason will start making sence and MT will go soft and AG will get crankie and PH will be nice and RC will move to California..... Never grind grounds...
                    You mean it's like dividin' by zero and we will all get sucked in to the giant black hole?
                    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

It may already be too late..

You guys are starting to understand me here and this last post from PH was kinda nice and pleasant..

Oh the humanity of it all!

Comment

I know you're not supposed to put coffee grounds down the drain if you have an aroebic septic system.
                        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                          I know you're not supposed to put coffee grounds down the drain if you have an aroebic septic system.
                          When I drink too much coffee I get aroebic heading to the bathroom.
                          "Deus vult!"

NRA Life Member

Comment

Working...
                          X