Getting logged off on a constant basis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting logged off on a constant basis

I am having issues getting logged off and having to log in constantly.
    Seems like if I am getting logged off every 10 minutes or less.
    I don't think that it is my computer as I do not have any issues on other sites.

Appreciate some help

Thanks

First off... Is your browser set to accept cookies?
    Our session timeouts are set to 30 minutes. If it is indeed 10 minutes for you or less, then it sounds like a bad cookie issue. Try this... Log out. Delete your cookies for bersachat.com (Or all your cookies if you cannot delete specific ones). Close and reopen browser. Log back in and see if all is right again.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Mmmm, cookies.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I like chocolate chip cookies.

Oh, wait... You're talking 'bout different cookies. My bad!
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Your browser stores the site cookies. Tell me if you are using Chrome or Microsoft edge, Firefox, or...... I can guide you to where to clear your cookies.
          In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
            Your browser stores the site cookies. Tell me if you are using Chrome or Microsoft edge, Firefox, or...... I can guide you to where to clear your cookies.
            I am using firefox
            I went and cleared the cookies yesterday .
            how often should I clear the cookies when using this forum?

Comment

Cookies normally take care of themselves. I do not hear of this issue often from members. In fact I could not tell you the last time I heard of it since moving this site to version 5.x.x. But a Microsoft Windows system can be a fickle beast (just ask Mitchr ) and sometimes cookies become corrupted. Do it if you see these symptoms again. Monitoring your systems health and performing system maintenance tasks would be prudent to do as well.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

i just found myself logged off too, odd, i usually stay logged in

i may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but i'm not a spoon either, why was it so hard to cause the website to generate a "LOGIN" hyperlink?

the only way i got one was by clicking on the 'highlighted' newest member name which i knew would trigger an access issue

is there no login box ?

once logged in though your account / profile drop-down appears in a header at the top but nothing until you figger it out

unless maybe i am a spoon

Comment

There is a link at the the top right, above the donate banner. It says login or sign up. This is on 3 browsers I just checked.

Can you check again?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

OK thanks FWIW, that's where it converts to the account / profile drop down after logged in

IMO miniscule and i possibly had it obscured by accidently being scrolled down 1/8"

lots of Blue space available for a welcoming entry ...

Comment

Working...
                      X