Lots of notifications-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of notifications-

Need a little forum help here- all of a sudden I'm getting a lot of notifications that someone posted to a thread that I may have posted to- or may not have...how do I turn that off.
    I did not turn that feature on- at least I do not remember it.
    I'm ok with being notified that I have a private message, of if someone posted to a question I have asked......but recently I have gotten more notifications in the last few days than in the previous 5 years or so.
    Anyone know what's happening here?
    Certified Armed Infidel

Sounds like you may have subscribed to a topic or have automatically subscribed to topics you participate in.
    Click on your username in the upper right corner of the page, select user settings. See if the box is checked to subscribe to topics automatically or any of the other boxes under General..

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Ok....the only one that was checked was "post on your visitor message board" or something similar......I unchecked it. We'll see how that works out.
      Thanks for your help.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Don't know if this is same as what you're getting, but if someone quotes me or responds to a thread I started, I get that notification. When I read what they posted, the notification goes away. I also see a "dismiss" button to the lower right of the notification & can get rid of it with that.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Maybe that did it.....haven't had a notification now in about 3 hours. Before I would have 5 or 6 every time I logged on.
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Hmmm?....nope that did not fix it. I do not have anything checked in my notifications and I got 3 notifications last night and 3 again this morning.
            I guess I can just ignore it?
            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Do you use Tapatalk?
              Check it if you do.

Comment

Yep....and I just downloaded tapatalk about a week ago....and that's about when this all started. That may have been the culprit?

But Earlier today I hit the reset button on my account, and i have not received any notifications since. I'll see what I have in the morning, and i will dump tapatalk- don't need it. But when I was out at walmart (internet) one day I downloaded it so I could check on the forums as I did not have power or internet service at home (hurricane). That very well may have been the issue all along.
                Last edited by brojohn; 09-23-2020, 09:25 PM.
                Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

While you may not need Tapatalk, it is so much easier to use than web version especially on a tablet. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I do believe tapatalk was the issue- I just never used it enough to understand it well. I had apparently "subscribed" to several conversations when I used it back after Sally came ashore. I had no power or net and home so I used tapatalk on my phone when I was out where internet was available. I think i have finally gotten the subscriptions cancelled.
                    We'll see..........

On my puter I'm pretty good- on my cell phone I'm an accident waiting to happen.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Good on ya for sorting it out!

Comment

Working...
                      X